Wither JW prophecies if the UN disbanded?

by dmouse 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Reading the newspapers over the past few weeks I have become aware of a massive groundswell of disillusionment regarding the United Nations.

Comments such as:

While the ISG report provides embarrassing reading for all those who actively participated in Saddam's scam, the real victim is the UN itself, whose claim to the moral high ground when confronting rogue regimes and dictators now lies in tatters.

and:

Yet the lofty words were made to an audience somewhat lacking in firepower. There was no American president this time, or secretary of state. Instead a junior official was dispatched.

For the UN's backers, this provided damning evidence that the Bush administration was determined to sour the party atmosphere. But six decades after the world created the UN to stifle war and to protect the rights of man, the organisation is in serious trouble.

The world body is still staggering from a series of scandals. Some now question its future. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/06/27/wun27.xml

are only the tip of the iceberg.

A Google search on Oil-for-food or UN debacles reveals a catalogue of corruption and ineptitude on a massive scale.

Many are calling for an end to the UN.

While I think it unlikely that the UN will be disbanded, reform may make it unrecognizable from the entity that exists today.

I was wondering though, considering the pivotal role the UN plays in the WT's prophecies, what a shock it would be to JWs if the UN DID go under!!!

• sir82
    sir82

Let's see, that would make it...

... the beast that was, but is not, but would be again, but is not again, but will be again....

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

The UN is to be marveled at and admired and worshipped as it ascends to the status of Eighth King. All the nations of the earth (except possibly the Seventh King, the Anglo-American world power) are to give their power to it.

That has not yet happened. The UN is pretty much a tool for moderately powerful nations to use in running interference with each other through a seemingly civil process. I don't know many people who respect the UN at all, much less "wonder admiringly" at it.

OldSoul

• rebel8
    rebel8

The WT spin doctors would just change the prophecy. Didn't phase 'em when the King of the North disbanded.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I hope it does fold .....just to see what the 'society' says!!!!!

What lie they would come up with next!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Get the US out of the UN, and get the UN out of the US!

...just to ruin WT prophecy

• luna2
    luna2

Ha! That would be cool. I'll root for the UN to fold just to be able to see how the Goobering Body reacts.

• kid-A
    kid-A

They would drag some other obscure bible jibberish to explain it away as previously undisclosed fulfilment of "new light"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I hope it does fold .....just to see what the 'society' says!!!!!

Come on now .. we all know what will be said ... NEW LIGHT !!!

Rub a Dub

• TheListener
    TheListener

"UN? did we say UN? No, no you totally misunderstood us. We said EU, yes that's it EU not UN. How silly of you publishers to make that mistake. You must be more careful." - upcoming WT article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit