What was Jesus implying...........................

by defd 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defd
    defd

bigdog your comment cracked me up. As i write this I have got a grin from ear to ear.

• mrsjones5
  • defd
    defd

mrsjones if you are that tired go take a nap or contribe to this thread by telling us what you FEEL Jesus meant and why?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Uh-uh, you go first defd!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I already went derrick, apparently you didnt read it. We're waiting for YOU to expand on YOUR topic.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

The point is, DefD, that the entire trinitarian view doesn`t rely on just one scripture! - and noone has claimed that, perhaps with the exception of JWs. There are many, many passages in the Bible concerning the nature of christ, and his relationship with the father, and all these passages have to be viewed in relation to eachother. I`m not sure about the trinity vs non-trinity, I think perhaps this is (the one and only) part of JW-doctrine that actually might be correct, but it`s definitely not as simple as that one passage you provided as an example. That one passage, on its own and out of the entire context of the Bible, is of course absolutely no argument for the trinitarian side.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It'll soon be time for my beddy bies too!

I might be around for a few minutes - after that, goodnight all. I'm off to tomorrow before youse all!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nite nite Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh hellrider, you spoilt it! we were waiting for defd to go first!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Like most of those that have posted, I think the scripture reflects Jesus saying he is in agreement with the Father, they act the same on the same issues, etc. Just as he said "I and my followers are one". But as also pointed out, I don't think the whole of trinitarian thought hinges on this scripture. (Or even most of it, if any at all.)

At first I thought the trinity was pretty obviously false. Then I started to see that they at least had a case.

Now I have a new thought on it. (New to me, I mean.) Isn't it at least possible that there was as much disagreement on the issue 2,000 year ago as there is today? And so each Bible writer's view would be reflected in his writings. And thus the Bible would argue both for and against the deity of Christ/Trinity/whatever.

But was Defd really starting a trinity discussion? It sounded like he had a new direction to take this in.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit