What was Jesus implying...........................

by defd 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I have to agree that the scripture meant they were on the same wave lenght, not that jesus is god.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They use this scripture as proof

Really??? Are you sure about that, defd?

Perhaps you're relying on what the WTS' publications claim?

• defd
    defd

Ozzie i would be happy to talk about that. Could we please FIRST tackle mine?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

proof of what?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

OK defd, your turn first - it's your thread!

So, what was Jesus implying? Was he implying anything? It seems like a straight forward statement to me.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Instead of posting a snipet, why not post a few more scriptures to get a full picture of John 10:30?

A Chanukah (Hanukkah) To Remember

Chanukah is an eight day holiday which begins on the 25th day of the month of Kislev. It marks the miraculous victory of the Jews, led by the Maccabees, against Greek persecution and religious oppression. In addition to being victorious in war, another miracle occurred: When the Maccabees came to rededicate the Temple, they found only one flask of oil with which to light the Menorah. This small flask lasted for eight days. In order to commemorate this miracle, Jews light a Menorah for the eight days of Chanukah.

This year (5764 / 2003-2004) Chanukah begins on December 19, and ends on December 27, 2003. On the evening before each one of the days, the corresponding number of Chanukah candles are lit.

Chanukah is a traditional celebration for Jews, but is not a religious observance specified in the Old Testament. In fact the only reference to it, in scripture, is in the New Testament

In the Gospel of John, Jesus attended the Feast of Dedication, which is now referred to as Chanukah. At this celebration Jesus turns this into a Chanukah to remember.

On that day Jesus declares, to those of his fold, they truly have ETERNAL LIFE, that they SHALL NEVER PERISH, and they are SECURELY HELD IN THE HANDS OF THE FATHER AND SON. Jesus then declares the UNITY of the FATHER and SON.

On that winter day in Jerusalem, Jesus made that Chanukah a day to remember for Christians. They are in the HANDS OF GOD.

(John 10:22-30 NIV) Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, {23} and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade. {24} The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." {25} Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, {26} but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. {27} My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. {28} I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. {29} My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. {30} I and the Father are one."

John 10:22: "The Feast of Dedication" is not an O.T. feast, but was instituted as a memorial of the dedication of the temple by Judas Maccabaeus in December, 165 B.C., after Antiochus Epiphanes desecrated it in 167 B.C. It is now called the Feast of Lights, or Hanukkah.

John 10:28: A blessing for those truly in Christ's fold is eternal security. They shall never, never perish (the Greek double negative is used) and no one shall snatch them from Christ. No other words of assurance can be stronger (cf. Rom. 8:35; 1 Cor. 10:13). When God saves, He saves completely; and because He initiates salvation, He carries it to its fullness. We rest secure in the hands of both the Father and the Son.

John 10:30: "One" asserts not the identity (as a single Person) but the essential unity of the Father and the Son.

Notes From The Believers Study Bible

• defd
    defd

well Ozzie if we read it in context we would see something different and quit interesting.

• mrsjones5
  • Big Dog
    Big Dog

Defd, are you into suspense or what, just spit it out man.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    read it in context we would see something different and quit interesting

what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit