Did you know of anyone that appeared in the publications that left the org?

by truthseeker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

There was a rumour years ago that the couple that appeared on the brochure, "Does God Really Care About Us?", left the truth, and that is why the cover changed.

Also, somewhere on an xjw site, is the testimony of a brother who appeared in a life story in the WT, but has now left the organization.

Do you know of anyone appearing in the mags that has left the truth? What were the circumstances?

• Chia
    Chia

The cover changed? I didn't even notice.

I have been in magazines. There's one of me in a yellow turtleneck praying. Something about youths and the Bible or something like that. I already forgot what it was for. I think it was probably 3 years ago, maybe a little more. I am certain I was pioneering at the time. Went to Patterson for the shoot. I also was in that "Young People Ask: How Can I Make True Friends?" video. But I was in the background, blink and you'll miss me.

Yuck.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My son was quoted in a 1978 Watchtower at the tender age of "almost two," in an article called "It Is Filling a Need!", about positive reactions to My Book of Bible Stories.

He's in his thirties now, and was never baptized, nor was his sister.

And both his parents are out, of course.

gently feral

• Chia
    Chia

That is so cute! I'll bet he was precious. Your son is halfway between my older sister and brother's ages. (1974 and 1978, respectively)

• TheListener
    TheListener

I was in a video. I guess I haven't quite left yet; but mentally I'm free.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Dave was in the January 15 WT 1996 (I think.............may have been Jan. 1). It was photos of the drama from the summer '95 conventions.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes, I appeared in and also researched and wrote for Watchtower publications. I'm breaking WT confidentiality rules listing my resume. However, it's time that JWs know that Witness women make many more "spiritual" contributions than they are led to believe. I left Bethel in 1993 and left the organization in 1997.

My husband and I appeared on the covers of the,
    October 8, 1986 Awake!
    July 22, 1992 Awake!

We also appeared in the following magazine:
    May 15, 1989 Watchtower, page 10, smallest picture w/ blue frame

I appeared in costume in the following books:
    One picture that is in, REVELATION--ITS GRAND CLIMAX AT HAND
    Five pictures that can be found in, THE GREATEST MAN THAT EVER LIVED

I was assigned to be the major research assistant to senior Watchtower writer, Karl Adams, for the book,
    JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, PROCLAIMERS OF GOD'S KINGDOM

I did all the research and contributed text for the 1992 Sunday afternoon District Assembly public lecture assigned to writer, Harry Peloyan, by Ted Jaracz. The subject was on John 1:1 discussing, Jesus, the "light" of the world. I sat in the audience at a convention in Virginia listening to my husband give the lecture and wondered what the elders in the audience would think if they knew that a woman put together practically the entire lecture.

I did all the research for,
    October 22, 1995 Awake! article, "Why Is Life So Short?"

I did most of the research, plus, assisted the senior writer, Eric Beveridge, and was quoted many times in the article,
    June 22, 1990 Awake! "Women Deserving of Respect"

I did all of the research for Awake! Editor and senior writer, Harry Peloyan, for the booklet,
    "What Is The Purpose Of Life? How Can You Find It?"

I helped Sam Buck write some of the following article,
    Apr 22, 1989 Awake!"More Living Space For A Growing Family"

I rewrote the following article submitted by a branch writer in Ireland,
    October 8, 1991 Awake! "Heeding the Warning Signs"

Under the title of the following article can be found a statement that the article was contributed by an Awake! correspondent in Africa. However, I wrote the majority of the article and then it was sent to a missionary at an African branch for review. When he sent it back, it could then be said to be contributed by an Awake! correspondent in Africa.
    April 8, 1993 Awake! Millions Are Suffering, Can They Be Helped?

I wrote all of the following articles,
    December 8, 1991 Awake! "The Bill of Rights, Why Was It Needed"
    Dec. 8, 1991 Awake! "Students Participate in National History Day"
    Nov. 22, 1994 Awake! Cover Series Articles, "Difficult Children"

I was assigned and did extensive research on the neurological bipolar (manic-depressive) condition and submitted it to Awake! Editor, Harry Peloyan. The material was never used because it was decided by Writing Department Overseer, Lloyd Barry, that an article on this subject could open another "Pandora's Box" such as the October 8, 1991 Awake! cover series articles, which discussed sexual child abuse, did. By the way, I did not write nor do any research for the Oct. 8, 1991 articles.

I continued to research and submit my findings on sexual child abuse to the Writing Department until I slipped away from the organization in 1997.

• sf
    sf

{{{ warm hugs barb }}}

sKally

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I also was in that "Young People Ask: How Can I Make True Friends?" video.

That video had to be some of the worst acting I have ever seen. If I were you, I wouldn't put it in your resumé that you were in it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is amazing, have you got a photo of you and your husband you can post, or scans of any of the articles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit