Where can you turn to for help when there's nowhere left to go?

by JV 20 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down
    the fire inside of me has been put out, I don't feel like doing anything all i do is sleep when i'm not at school, and i'm anxious and when I am up

It's called "depression"...

It's your body and brains way of saying "GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE (the high-control cult that is)...."

Listen to your body & mind...

u/d(of the this too shall pass class)

• nilfun
    nilfun
    It's called "depression"...

Yes, it does sound that way.

JV, have you considered seeking the help of a counselor who specializes in depression?

• JV
    JV

I've never actually sought out a professional, i don't know if my college provides it, how much it costs, etc...

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

JV, it is very unlikely that your college doesn't provide it! Start with health services. It probably is covered in your tuition, so you have no excuse! Hie thee to the nurse's office.

• nilfun
    nilfun

We hear you on how you are struggling at this time -- will you check out your campus' counseling service? We care and are here to listen if you want to check back in and let us know how it goes.

• JV
    JV

I'll check it out on friday, i'm off early, thanks for the support

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

JV definitely go get checked out. It won't hurt to spill your guts to somebody who won't judge you and will listen. I've been through lots of different therapies and therapists and it can really make you feel better.

What I can't recommend is going to a general hospital. One kept me in the psyche ward against my will for 3 days and treated me (and everyone else there) as convicted criminals. If you're really desperate, try a facility like we have locally (western NY) called Brylin. Do a little research on what's troubling you on the internet or even hike it to a library for a few hours. Remember that it's up to YOU to work on yourself, and it can be challenging and fun. James back there understands this, and gives wise suggestions.

• JV
    JV

Cygnus, i think that's what i need somebody to listen to me and NOT judge me

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

bttt

jv how'd the weekend go? you doing ok?

• Agnes
    Agnes

Did you ever think about just talking to someone you may not have considered talking to in the past...like a neigbor? Agnes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit