did you escape BEFORE baptism?

by kid-A 31 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

I am of the "born into it but got out of it before baptism class"......listening to so many of the horror stories on this site, I often feel like we are the 'lucky ones'....

We realized at a very young age how wrong and absurd this belief system was and ran away before making the psychological investment of baptism while simultaneously avoided the disastrous consequences of getting DF'd......are we the minority here??? Just curious!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Got another one here. Born into it from day one but never took the plunge. Thankful everyday that I didn't, it has made family life so much better.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm like you.

Made it through HS without getting baptized, went away to college, and that was that....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yup me too. Never took the plunge to be a jw. But earlier this I did as a christian.

• Es
    Es

believe me you are the lucky ones. You can do anything you want to with your life without the shunning. Wish i had done that. My biggest regret= baptisim

es

• fairchild
    fairchild

I never got baptized either, was about to when I found JWD. I studied and hung out with the JWs for a good 20 years. Due to moving around and traveling a lot, I was never long enough in the same place to get serious about baptism, until the end of last year. I decided to make a choice one way or the other. I never went to "bad" places on the internet, and avoided any JW related site other than the official JW website, just as I was told. But then one night, someone sent me a link to JWD, curiosity got the better of me and I started reading some posts. At first I thought that JWD was a site for both JWs and ex JWs alike, and I thought it was cool that people could get along like that. Then I started to think that JWD was just a site for people who were DF'ed and wanted to make the JWs look bad on purpose, out of spite. Then I stumbled upon a 1914 generation thread which got me thinking very deep and very long. Before I knew it, I had ordered and read CoC.

Although I was never baptized, I am being shunned now.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I as born into the cult and baptized between the ages of 15 and 16 (I really don’t even remember when it was for sure). I performed a successful fade between the age of 17 and 18. I haven’t felt any negative repercussions from leaving the cult as of yet other than the occasional attempt of a guilt trip by my mother.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Yes. \o/

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was dumped twice, once at 7 years old and later at 25, both times as a JW. I left only once though.

Ken P.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I'm with Es getting baptized is my biggest regret in life.

I've made my share of mistakes but that is the only one that still stings.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit