IQ Test, Have you ever taken one ?

by oldflame 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

One of the Playboy bunnies was recently quoted as saying she thought her IQ was "somewhere around 500"

I loved that.......... it was too hilarious.

• Descender
    Descender

Me took a QI text and scared a 43

• Mulan
    Mulan

My algebra teacher in 9th grade did one with our whole class. I scored 125, and I was the highest girl in the class. There was a boy who scored higher.

I did another one about two years ago, and was 125. I guess it stays the same.

My grandson, at age 7, was given one to qualify for a special school, and scored 144, which put him in the category of "extremely gifted". Of course we all knew that.

I have a daughter in law who scored 160 when she was a child, and was in a class for kids with special needs (the lower catergories). Her parents knew she was really smart and shouldn't be in that class, and had her tested. She has dyslexia and they lived in a small, backward town. She is extremely smart, but has many autistic traits, Aspberger's syndrome. 20 years ago, the schools couldn't handle it. She graduated from college, with very high grades and is now a medical lab technician.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I never did a formal test, but online I've gotten scores that ranged between 112 and 130.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I had a formal test done about 8 years ago. The psychologist didn't want to tell me the numbers outcome and he wasn't working for me, he was working for the disability insurance company. Well, I pestered it outta him. "Low 140's". The online tests are subjective to education and I get around 125. The tests I took were based on physical objects and blocks and designs on flash cards. Nothing involving educational skills like math logic, etc.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    A "high" IQ is no indicator that you are emotionally, morally, ethically, or spiritually equipped for daily life.

I've had the privledge of knowing some absolute geniouses! IQ's in the 180's and higher. Most were blithering idiots when it came to anything practical.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

IQ Test, Have you ever taken one ?

Wuz dat? I ain't takin nuttin!

W

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Provide example of test. Golf

Yes please do!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wow! lots o' 'mart people here at JWD...of course! the GB always knew the anti-christ would be really smart, so that's why they discouraged higher learning! (??)

this is rather humorous:

Half of the population have IQ’s of between 90 and 110, while 25% have higher IQ’s and 25% have lower IQ’s:

Descriptive Classifications of Intelligence Quotients

IQ

Description

% of Population

130+

Very superior

2.2%

120-129

Superior

6.7%

110-119

High average

16.1%

90-109

Average

50%

80-89

Low average

16.1%

70-79

Borderline

6.7%

Below 70

Extremely low

2.2%

Apparently, the IQ gives a good indication of the occupational group that a person will end up in, though not of course the specific occupation. In their book, Know Your Child’s IQ, Glen Wilson and Diana Grylls outline occupations typical of various IQ levels:

Top Civil Servants; Professors and Research Scientists.

Physicians and Surgeons; Lawyers; Engineers (Civil and Mechanical)

School Teachers; Pharmacists; Accountants; Nurses; Stenographers; Managers.

Foremen; Clerks; Telephone Operators; Salesmen; Policemen; Electricians.

100+

Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers.

100-

Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers.

Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters.

well, in the online IQ test i did, i could not get above 138. but remarkably in the two paper and pencil ones i have taken, i scored in the mid 140's. my brain works well under pressure.

i also took the online Mensa 30 minute "are-you-good-enough-for-us" test, and got this result:

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE IQUING ABOUT!

Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit