ITHINKISEE Update: My wife is starting to look at apostate sites.

by ithinkisee 25 Replies latest members private

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Awww...
    I'll miss these updates, too. Really a fantastic story unfolding before us all.
    It's the near-perfect process to get family out.

Do you really think that there is anything in the posts that are offensive. Seemed to me that you have been respectful and loving in each and every post (that I read, anyway!) and although it's a little awkward at first, I don't know that it's anything to feel guilty about.

But then, it's not my departure that we are talking about. And not my own panickiness that was presented to strangers online.

I hate to lose track of this story, but understand if you need to have them pulled...

-Aude.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You could probably ask Simon or a mod to pull the threads like this one where you talk about your personal situation, go through your "Topics" and make a list of threads you started on this matter. But I hope you don't have all your threads pulled....I would not like to see my contributions to your Daniel threads disappear, for one thing.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Hey everyone. I got your PMs. I will get back with you tonight after I think about it some more. I don't want to do anything rash.

Thanks for all the offers from the mods to help out.

-ithinkisee

• vitty
    vitty

Cant you ask Simon to change your username just before you introduce your wife here ? Then you could tell us who your going to be, we wont tell honest

Then you can post together.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

ITIS - Are you concerned about her stumbling across JWD on her own or about her reaction if you purposely brought her here? If it's the latter, you may just want to wait until she's at a place where she can appreciate the spirit behind your posts. You might then introduce the subject to her by letting her know before she comes to the site that you posted about your situation, explaning to her why you did it and the benefit you gained. If you think it would help, mention how many of us are looking forward to "meeting" her and how much we admire her willingness to keep her mind open and embark on such a tough, fulfilling journey.

As was mentioned before, I find your posts about the situation admirable; they're obviously from a loving, thoughtful person trying to do right by his wife and his faith. At the same time, you know her better than any of us here.

If you decide to bring her on over, I bet a post announcing her "arrival" and giving us a brief intro would produce a huge outpouring of support and welcoming spirit. She may find that surprising and helpful in her own awakening.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Dammnnnn....this really suck for us. Maybe you could start a weekly or monthly newletter.

Good luck though.

lisa

• Honesty
    Honesty
    She is looking at AlanF's Geocities site right now - especially his refutation of Let Your Kingdom Come.

The borg was right!!!

Apostates will cause people who continue to associate with them to have their faith in the WTBTS shipwrecked beyond rescue.

Way To Go ITIS !!!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi

I think there may be a way to create a Yahoo mailing list or forum and make it private, by invitation only. If not, there is a way to do it on myspace.com. Then we could all join it and hear your updates, but only those you approved for membership would have access.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Change your nick and picture...never tell her about that IThinkISee-guy, and his detailed reports on the apostanising (read: deprogramming from dangerous death-cult-brainwashing) of his wife. I doubt she`d look at old posts by some guy named IThinkISee...

• vitty
    vitty

Hell raiser

Thats what I suggested, I think

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit