New Press Release ready for Quotes website battle

by EscapedLifer1 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

sf,

I don't think it would hurt to send them more than one copy, especially if you are including your own comments. Fire Away!!

Thanks,

Brandon

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Suggestion, refrain from the loaded language if you want media outlets to print the piece. They are themselves interested in avoiding lawsuits.

hypocritically file suit for monetary damages against a web site that does nothing more than quote interesting excerpts
    Way too loaded. Edit out the "hypocritically" and "does nothing more than" as these are the issues of the suit. The Wt contends that Quotes IS doing more than quoting by being selective. "Hypocritically" is simply prejudicial. I very much disagree with the WT and am myself quite sure they are only interested in bullying or bankrupting Quotes, but legitamate media outlets are not emboldened to make that judgment nor likely to risk expressing such an opinion. Wording that is straightforward such as :The website offers excerpts from the WT literature that was freely made available to the public." would be better journalism.
  • Room 215
    Room 215

Also it appears you need a period in the second line after ``whistle-blower web site" thus: ``whistle-blower web site. Jehovah's Witnesses" etc.

• sf
    sf

Alrighty then.

Got about ten out.

I'll search more news orgs tomorrow.

Thx Brandon!

sKally

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Suggestion, refrain from the loaded language

This was my reaction too. The press won't use something they consider inflammatory. If they use the release with those statements they could be opening themselves up for at the least public outcry and at the most a lawsuit of their own. Mostly they just don't do it at all. I think if it loses the adjectives it would be a lot better. Just state the facts, its easy to see the outrageousness of it without help.

Just my opinion!

Sherry

• sf
    sf

Suggestions are also duly noted.

Thank you.

sKally

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Room 215,

formatting error from pasting it into the post. It's not a problem in the Word version of the PR.

Thanks for checking!

Brandon

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

peaceful pete and Gretchen,

suggestions duly noted. Thanks.

Brandon

• Quotes
    Quotes

Thanks for catching that Scully. You are correct, I would prefer that my name not be posted here at JWD. If someone wants/needs it, it is available in the scan I posted, and that can be used for contact info on Press Releases any one wants to send out.

No harm, no foul; I had asked EscapedLifer1 to include my name/contact info on the press release; but I didn't want my name posted directly here on JWD, forever to be archived and catalogued by Google.

Thanks again to EVERYONE, you are all being so helpful.

~Quotes, of the "Good to have so many friends" class

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Quotes,

Thanks for catching that Scully. You are correct, I would prefer that my name not be posted here at JWD.
    but I didn't want my name posted directly here on JWD, forever to be archived and catalogued by Google.

So Sorry, I didn't understand the difference!!!!! Scully caught it really quickly.

And thanks for letting us help.

Brandon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit