Quotes site: Bible Quotes????

by ithinkisee 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bible_quotes.htm

I appreciate Quotes does not add commentary. But what am I missing from this page? What is the point of those quotes?

Can we get some commentary over here?

Thanks,

ithinkisee

• rebel8
    rebel8

speculating....possibly so they will come up in results when you use his search engine...ie, keyword "women" probably yields both literature quotes and bible quotes.

• rebel8
    rebel8

duplicate post

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

itis

I believe the purpose is to help people realize just hao many times the WTS has backtracked and changed policy. Most JWs have no idea just how much the WTS publishes. They are told "We never said that!". Since they are not encouraged and are even discouraged from searching old issues of their litterature few p[eople know about the changes.

Quotes site helps people realize all the changes that have been made

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Lady Lee,

I know the purpose of the quotes site. I am talking about this specific page with quotes from the NWT Reference Bible.

What are these quotes trying to show on THIS page:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bible_quotes.htm ????? -ithinkisee

• Quotes
    Quotes

ithinkisee, like all the other WT quotes at the site, they are "interesting and/or significant".

If you don't find them interesting, or don't find them significant, that is fine too! Just ignore 'em.

~Quotes, of the "Interesting and/or Significant" class

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

But I don't want to ignore them!

What "might" someone find "significant" about them ...?

-ithinkisee

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It seems to me that the WTS picks and chooses which scriptures to use and which to ignore.

I would think that if they want to say "We are under and new law, the law of Christ and the old law has passed away" then they need to stop applying many of the old laws. If on the other hand they want to apply the old laws as well then they need to apply all of them - including the ones that were posted.

Also from reading many of the quotes, I think it would give many people something to think about regarding how unfair and downright cruel some of those laws were.

And then of course there is always the WTS spin of things in their rewrites of the Bible

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

They seem to be quotes that show some of the more absurd passages in the Bible itself. Perhaps the point of presenting them is to show that the Bible also has some embarrassing material that other people may not be aware of.

They could have been quoted from any Bible, but since it's a Watchtower quotes site, getting them from the NWT would make sense.

I could be way off base here, and I am by no means speaking for Quotes. This is just my guess.

Dave

• avengers
    avengers

Here's a Quote for you. to quote:"

** Awake! 1960 March 8 p.27 *** [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]
    As a rule, for a Christian to go to a worldly psychiatrist is an admission of defeat, it amounts to 'going down to Egypt for help.' -Isaiah 31:1.
    Often when a Witness of Jehovah goes to a psychiatrist, the psychiatrist will try to persuade him that his troubles are caused by his religion, entirely overlooking the fact that the Christian witnesses of Jehovah are the best-oriented, happiest and most contented group of people on the face of the earth. They have the least need for psychiatrists. Also, more and more psychiatrists are resorting to hypnosis, which is a demonic form of worldly wisdom."

"Preach, preach, preach the Kingdom"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit