The 1914 Doctrine and The Threat of the Egibi Business Tablets

by VM44 349 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I post here for the sole reason of defending WT chronology and not to intentionally have dialogue with apostates. I cannot comment on the identity of the celebrated WT scholars because life is full of mystery and secret things and this happens to be just one of those things.

scholar JW

Scholar, I think that is the funniest thing you have said yet. With your abundant common sense, please explain how you can deliberately come to an apostate web site, deliberately argue with apostates, yet not intentionally have dialogue with them? Would that also be one of life's mysteries and secret things? You may be able to look in the mirror and convince yourself, but you are transparent to all who are watching. Your credibility is slipping with every post you make. It's OK to admit that you enjoy honing your "spiritual" debating skills here, just don't try selling it any other way. Again, it makes you look disingenuous. exjdub

• Gozz
    Gozz

Scholar wrote:

Jeffro, [y]our insults are of little consequence. You lose this discussion because of your ignorance and your predujice which blind you to past and present scholarship. As I have said before you need to travel and read more and go to Brisbane and use the big libraries there so that you will learn something.

scholar JW

Who else thinks scholar's a guy with way too much time on his hands who gets a kick form messing with people on this board?? It's just almost impossibl eot take you serious, non-scholar; but there's lots danger in that. Sigh. .

• LDH
    LDH
    The date for the end of this system of things based on the expiration of the Gentile Times in 1914 is known only to Jehovah at this time.

Scholar, if this were true (which it isn't), who gave the #@*!)$% JWs the right to speculate and make empty promises to hundreds of thousands of people and their children???? HOW !)#*&^% dare they publish books such as "Millions now living will never die" (sic) which was the basis for MASS RECRUITMENT based on a false promise.

When a 40 year old JW and her mother came to my door two weeks ago, I asked the old lady if she noticed that she is old yet? I also asked lots of other difficult questions that, surprisingly, they did not turn and run. I hope I made them think. They sounded a lot like you.

Let me tell you something Scholar--You don't have to grieve for good old LDH. I woke up after spending only 25 years of my life in Hell, courtesy of my parents. You, on the other hand, are quite content to let the "stupid things of Jehovah" tell you what to do. You can't even explain the central doctrine of your religion without resorting to 'mysterty' and 'unnamed scholars' and 'We'll Tell You Real Soon, but we can't right now for Very Good Reasons."

Also, as for your credentials, mail-order diplomas don't count.

Lisa

Don't Dig Jehovah and Can't Stand Stupid Class

• scholar
    scholar

LDH

Now you are so smart now that you have left the truth. Well then, what truth have you now found? Where then is the true religion or the true Church? Or are you still in spiritual darkness?

scholar JW

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Skoller:

The date for the end of this system of things based on the expiration of the Gentile Times in 1914 is known only to Jehovah at this time.

Oh I'm so bored and sleepless tonight so I had to look this one up. Care to retract your quote, skoller?

w96 8/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that in 1914, Jesus was enthroned as King of God’s heavenly Kingdom, the one to lead in the coming battle against wickedness on earth. (Revelation 6:3-8; 19:11-16) Since Jesus has now been empowered as the one to conquer in God’s name, it seems reasonable that his Father has told him when the end will come, when he will "complete his conquest."

• gumby
    gumby
    Well then, what truth have you now found? Where then is the true religion or the true Church? Or are you still in spiritual darkness?

Scholar.....usually I just sit and watch you and AlanF go at it......but I just gotta say sumthin here.

If you were truely a bible scholar.....you would NEVER had made your above statement. You claim to be a christian do you? Ask any christian on this board the two questions you asked above to LDH and see if they can answer you. Your questions center on organisations and groups in relation to truth rather on the person who represented truth and life.

Had you studied the scriptures apart from Watchtower influence... you would not have asked the questions you did.

Imagine Paul using an avater with the name "gifted" if he had a computor in his day. I gotta tell ya bud.......your only a Watchtower Scholar........not a bible Scholar. If Jehovah or Jesus were posting on this thread... they'd both kick your chronological, end of time obsessed arse right outta here.

Gumby...........( who can talk bible stuff when he really wants to)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Now you are so smart now that you have left the truth. Well then, what truth have you now found? Where then is the true religion or the true Church? Or are you still in spiritual darkness?

'Scholar', once again you demonstrate, for all to see, your poor grasp on logic.

Your first error in logic is the suggestion that you actually have the 'truth', when all you have is beliefs taught by an organization, some of which have been categorically disproved externally, and others that it itself has recanted that were previously taught as 'truth'. (This also indicates the Society's misconception that 'truth' changes.)

Secondly, you imply that truth can be 'left', as if the Watchtower Society as an organization is actually the embodiment of "truth".

Thirdly, you suggest that someone must offer some alternative 'truth' in order for the Society's brand of 'truth' to be disproved.

Fourthly, you faultily indicate that there must actually be a 'true religion'.

Your concept of 'spiritual darkness', like your concept of 'truth', is simply an illusion.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    On October 13, 2005 Scholar wrote: Thank you for your additional comments on the subject of malkut from the TDOT and the NIDOTE reference works. Obviously, I could not comment on every point of semantics that these references cover because I would have had to post the entire articles. The additional points that you mention are well known to me as a matter of course.

Neil ---

You didn't have to post the entire article from NIDOTTE. All you had to do was finish quoting the rest of the sentence.

Here is your original statement regarding the (NI)DOTTE:

The DOTTE under a discussion of the root word melek, states that malkut denotes a stronger emphasis on the activity of ruling...refers to the right or office of ruling as king". Such an observation indicates that it is not the duration of regnal years typified by a 'reign' but the characteristic or nature of that reign is implied by this theologically nuanced word.

Here is what the article says, on page 957:

"Although the semantic aspects of these words largely overlap, it seems as though a stronger emphasis is put on the activity of ruling in the case of malkut. It therefore also refers to the right or office of ruling as king (e.g., 1 Sam. 20:31, 1 Kgs 2:12-15, 1 Chron 12:24), royal dignity (Esth 1:4), and even to the period of reign (e.g., Jer. 49:34)."

In this section, NIDOTTE is comparing the words mamlaka and malkut. It says malkut refers to the following:

#1 --- the right of office of ruling as king

#2 --- royal dignity

#3 --- even to the period of reign

You quoted meaning #1. You left out #2 and #3. That's really not cricket, Neil. If your source does not fully support your claim, then you should not quote from it in a way which suggests that it does. Why don't you run this past one of your professors? I think they would agree with me that you are not handling your sources accurately.

Regards,

Marjorie

• LDH
    LDH

Scholar,

We are not talking about "my truth," we are talking about yours. You came here to this board to defend your 'truth.' So do it.

I repeat:

W ho gave the #@*!)$% JWs the right to speculate and make empty promises to hundreds of thousands of people and their children???? HOW !)#*&^% dare they publish books such as "Millions now living will never die" (sic) which was the basis for MASS RECRUITMENT based on a false promise.

Lisa

Dislikes Red Herrings Class

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Whenever I see a thread started by the "Scholar", I no longer enter or read.

Whenever a thread is invaded by the "Scholar", I do not reply to him, I leave never to return.

I do not enjoy banging my head on a pick ax just because it feels so good when you stop.

Our life is such a little thing, "rounded with a sleep" - too short for ****

HB (of the "I can't be bothered" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit