What song reminds you of your first crush/lover?

by JH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had my first boyfriend in 4th grade. But the next year I liked a boy named Grant and I still smile when I think of him. Songs like Crimson and Clover and Dizzy make he think of him. Oh yeah and then there is Jam Up And Jelly Tight. The first was Tommy James and the latter two, Tommy Roe. Ah for those innocent days of: Do you like me? Yes ___ No ___ and pop bottle glass rings. *sigh*

• talesin
    talesin

"My eyes adored you" by Frankie Valli.

eisenstein

,,, you reminded me of this song, and my heart is pounding. what I wouldn't give to hear that song ....

"carried your books from school, playin' make-believe you're married to me"

It doesn't remind me of a romance, just the longing to be a normal teen, and how I wished I could know what it was like to have a real boyfriend, and that's a very poignant memory ...

*sigh*

tal

Okay, on to more fun frankie valli, now I'm playing "December '63" in my head -- o what a nite!

• Preston
    Preston

Baby Got Back by Sir Mixalot!

It's the kind of song that makes me think back to my first love and allows me to sit back, contemplate, and say to myself... "son of a bitch... I'll have a jaeger"

- Preston

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

First crush- Rebel yell by Billy Idol

First love- Lady in Red

First Lover-Brown Eye Girl

Best Lover-*-Angel From Montgomery/ Thank You by Dido

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My first husband was the first guy I ever fell in love with. The summer before I left him, the song Magnet and Steel was popular. He told me it made him think of me because the arrangement made him think of the movie American Graffiti. I dragged him to go see it at the $1 theater in Chicago/Rogers Park. So, when I hear this song, it makes me think of that conversation. We loved each other, we were just too young.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

"Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant. I never fail to think of him when I hear it. It stopped bothering me to hear it about a couple of years ago, though I stopped being in love with him years ago. He goes back about 13 years now....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit