What song reminds you of your first crush/lover?

by JH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

"To know him her is to love him her. 1956?

Hubert

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I was big into the Hollies during my teen years, therefore:

1st Crush: Gasoline Alley Bred - Hollies

1st Lover: Cos You Like To Love Me - Hollies

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

"My eyes adored you" by Frankie Valli.

Every time I hear this song it reminds me of a young boy in my congregation in Oklahoma that I had a crush on. We were only kids and it was innocent. My twin sister and I were friends with his sister, and my sister had a crush on his younger brother.

One time his mother found a note that we had written back and forth and she was FURIOUS!!! I think the note was one of those:

I like you, do you like me? Yes or No, (kid stuff)

She called my mother and yelled her out. And that was it. I later heard as I had grown older and we had moved away that the kids had suffered severe abuse from their parents. This brought tears to my eyes, the kids were so sweet. I wish I could reconnect with them, but lost contact. I hope he and his brothers and sisters got help.

kim

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

REO Speedwagon "Can't Fight this Feeling"

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    "Beth"--having a brain fart(got the damn song stuck in my head)

Ah--the soft cuddly side of "KISS"

• JH
    JH
    "Can't Fight this Feeling"

Thanks Sara Annie, I'm downloading it right now...

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Everything I do, I do for you ~ Bryan Adams

My husband (then fiance) and I went to see Robin Hood on a JW "date". We picked that song for our wedding song. It still brings tears to my eyes when I hear it.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

First crush,,,,,,,,,Two out of three aint bad........Meatloaf.

First love ( Denny )... Stuck on You,,,,,,,, Lional Ritchie. Also , at that time,,,,,,,,Almost Paradise, Hard Habit to break , Chicago.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

"Full of Grace" by Sarah McLachlan. We were in Hamlet and she had a dance number to that song - it was Ophelia's drowning, so it was bittersweet and tragic and beautiful and hopelessly romantic. Since we were 19 at the time, that certainly fit our moods...

Her song for me was "Building a Mystery" because I was still a dub and she was not, so I kept wavering back and forth. Finally picked the "truth" over her. Ah well, bitter choices, and I guess it all worked out - just heard from her, actually, and she's doing well, and so am I. Now that I finally dumped the "truth" where it belongs.

What a great album that was; Surfacing. Considering I'm still a metal head, it was an odd choice for me to buy, but I don't regret it. One of the best albums ever, I think.

CZAR

• professor
    professor

Lame question! Even lamer response.....

September Morn' by Neil Diamond reminds me of the first time I thought I was in love.

She left me for my best friend in the truth. Then the song was "the beautiful ones" by Prince.

Stop making me remember this stuff!

-pro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit