Watchtower harping on "last generation" and 1914 on website

by Dogpatch 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

"Technical difficulties" must be the reason it's back on their site.

• Gerard
  • Perry
    Perry

Jesus said regarding the era that would experience the "beginning of pangs of distress" from 1914 onward:

I never read where Jesus said anything about 1914. Truly, we are like the Ethiopian Eunuch in our understanding.

"How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?"

Think about it, without the WT most of us might not have ever have learned about 1914 and all the blessings that knowledge has brought with it.

• integ
    integ

Perry,

Ahhhh yes. Your words are indeed like parched fondlings on a brisk meadow. Your explanation reminds me of the antitypical, pantheistic, subterfuge, and it's atypical fulfillment in AD 200, which of course was initiated by the pro-typical anti-type of Jesuiah, or it's minor post-typical, emergence of haphazardry. Either way, more winsome words have not beseeched my ears on this day.

Thanks,

Integ.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What gets me is why they didn't just revise the thinking? If they had updated the material and just presented it as an essay they could have left all that out and no one [other than those of us paying attention] would know the diff. The public never knew about this old brochure anyway. Now the ' 1914 Generational foot in the mouth' is clear to see again.

Almost like they are too lazy to put this info in a new format. Maybe they just don't bother to pay attention to what they post themselves.

Jeff

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses Bait & Switch Deception
    Pressbox.co.uk (press release), UK - 1 hour ago
    The Watchtower society is up to its old tricks again with mealy-mouthing on their teachings when it suits their purpose! You may ...

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Lets keep in mind that these charlatans have never said that the end will not come by the before the people who "saw" 1914 all die out, in fact they have said the in spite of this new definition of generation that they still feel it will come before the generation of 1914 is dead and gone. The cover their asses both for now and later. The events of late will give them much hope that the end is near. and they will use this to excite the rank and file and hope to get more converts. Remember that they thrive on death and destruction, much like Islam. The teach that the world will be screaming peace and security and then the end will come, at the same time as teaching that the times of the end will be horrible. This is how the society works, by keeping the water muddy, the peace and security is for just before the end and the just before the beginning of the GT, the times that has never been see and never will be again. But they have this peace and security prophecy before the start and also the times are so bad thought, I is like a buffet it has something for every one, except for the one looking for fact. You will never be able to discuss anything of rational thought to a dubber. That is not how this works. This type of double talk is good for one thing, it helps reinforce that the society is out of touch with reality, and that if one is looking for truth, one of us who has broken the bonds of slavery can help one looking for the underground railroad to higher ground and freedom. LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!!!!!!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I never understood how they would read one line and then you'd have to flip back to the Old Test to find the one line that said it was 70 or 80 years. I just never got why God didn't write it all in the same place if that's what he really wanted us to know. Why confuse everyone by hiding 2 sentences throughout thousands upon thousands of sentences.

I know if I wrote my husband a letter as long as the Bible and hoped he would figure out what I meant by 2 sentences amongst it all it would be a lost cause.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My poor JW hubby, baptized before the change and returned after, still can't keep this doctrine straight.

• Perry
    Perry

Well golly gee brother Integ, thanks for allowing me to beseech your ears. I see you also speak the pure language.....Your heartfelt expressions are timely, and very deep....very, very deep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit