Watchtower harping on "last generation" and 1914 on website

by Dogpatch 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I just wonder if this scrap has any relation to Quotes' case recently. Do they try to shift this Old-Fashion "Generation" back to blame Quotes?

This might be far fetched, but I was thinking along the same lines. Are they up to something? Why would they put this 1914 stuff back on their website? They have been avoiding the 1914 thing for quite some time now. I had to go and read it for myself, because I could not believe it. Something doesn't add up here.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is the 1993 Brochure Purpose of Life, Section 7

• Smiles
    Smiles

The WT has not "revised" their 1993 brochure "W hat Is the Purpose of Life?"

No flip flop, just old light the WT left on their website.

• carla
    carla

will a rank & file even know about this? Is this really 'new' light again or just a mistake on their part? They are not really going back to this are they?

• DannyHaszard
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's unusual - it's been on their website the whole time - as if they don't realise it - maybe they don't read it (or this website either)

- or perhaps it's an initial filter - if you believe that, then accept that it's old light and not true, then accept the new light, well, You're in - you're just who they've been looking for .

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Here's an idea - copy the web page, with the date - then

write them a letter, asking for a bible study, stating how you're impressed by their faith, and in particular their faith in the nearness of the end of this system as shown by their 1914 doctrine that you have seen on their website.

Then, watch for the Wesite New Light (tm) - make a new copy, with the date - send it to quotes

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

A Paduan is correct. I first noticed this on watchtower.org 4-5 years ago... They just haven't revised or updated the material in the brochure for its appearance on the webpage. Why they haven't is anybody's guess, they have to be aware of it. Talk about being embarrassed by a website...

• M.J.
    M.J.

Well, I tell you what. It's a good thing to ask a dub about. Say you were reading the WTS website and found this alarming piece of info. Then you did the math. ????

See what they have to say about that...At least it's a good way to make them think about the big 95 change and how significant it really was.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Ok, let's all watch how fast they remove this from their website...let's see how much they pay attention to "apostates".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit