Watchtower harping on "last generation" and 1914 on website

by Dogpatch 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
  • garybuss
    garybuss

They been throwing this dead cat back up on the table since they threw it in the garbage in 1995. They can get another 10 or more years out of the generation that refused to die by finding some old codger in some swamp shack still alive. They MUST think nobody reads their writings. Interesting! Thanks for the bs alert.

• Soledad
    Soledad

a person born in 1914 would be 91 years old today. so how old would a person who remembers that year be, and he/she still alive today? and furthermore, does it even matter??

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

If he or she would be alive today, they probably would be dead by tomorrow.

• jwsons
    jwsons

I just wonder if this scrap has any relation to Quotes' case recently. Do they try to shift this Old-Fashion "Generation" back to blame Quotes?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

From "The Time Is At Hand" page 99 ( published in 1889 ) Within the coming twenty - six years ALL PRESENT GOVERNMENTS WILL BE OVERTHROWN AND DISSOLVED. In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established TRUTH that the final end of the Kingdoms of this world ... will be accomplished by the END OF AD 1914.

As it turned out not a single Gentile nation was "Overthrowned and Dissolved" by God in 1914 let alone all of them. As of 2005 it still has not happened.

Blueblades

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

easier to deny when it is on their website -not as easy to deny when in print

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey Dogpatch,

In the dark band of each section, it says it was "published in 1993." Evidently this came out prior to or at the same time of the District Convention 1993, when the "new light" about the "generation" was released. Watchtower seems to have no problem releasing "old light" on its web site.

• free2beme
    free2beme

"This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." ( Matthew 24:8 , 34-36 )

You know, even when I was a Witness and believed their thoughts on generation, often I thought this scripture was misapplied. I always felt it was something being said the Jews of the time, in that that generation would see the end of the their nation. Which they did. Every other use of this scripture was to scare people. I know it scared me until October 15, 1995 when the Watchtower changed things.

• Shining One
    Shining One

"You know, even when I was a Witness and believed their thoughts on generation, often I thought this scripture was misapplied."

Absolutely, the application signaled the end of the temple sacrifices and the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 C.E.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit