Is anyone here still expecting/hoping the Kingdom will come one day?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

No. I'm not sure what will come next, but I'm one of those people who hang around and don't consider suicide because I am so very curious about what comes next. Guess I'll wait and see, and in the meantime try to make up for all those wasted years of NOT saving for retirement while I realize that I have hit menopause in all its glories and will definitely see retirement, if osteoperosis doesn't get me first, and this, that and the other.

Ah, the joys of middle age.

Nina

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Yea, right! About like prince charming is coming to sweep me off my feet and take me away to his castle.....About like me turning into tinkerbell and going to Never-Never land....About like me turning into Tatoo and finding fantasy island....

Bad me, JWs have their own bed-time story/nightmare--paradise! To me it's more like city of the damned!!

shelley

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I hope, I hope!

DY

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

As Mouthy said in her Radio Show -

(Can't work out how to get the ***ing ******rd links to work:)

Who would not be allured and attracted to such a lovely world. We all yearn to see the loved ones we lost again, never to lose children, spouses, lovers, friends, to death.

Maybe somewhere in the universe there is a world where humans fulfil everything they could be (why NOT hope?)

But what about all the mouses, wee flies, fish, rabbits, that die in horrific cruelty and despair?

If every creature that ever was born lived forever, by now the earth would be a disgusting heaving mass of struggling bodies and bacteria - far from paradise.

If god meant it otherwise he sure didn't put the machinery in place. We see from the fossils pre-dating Adam, that creatures died in the act of cannibalism, and killing others.

The whole world works as it is. If this natural world came about after the flood, it confirms that evolution does happen, sometimes very rapidly.

HB (of the "my cheekpouches didn't evolve - they inflated, suddenly" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit