Is anyone here still expecting/hoping the Kingdom will come one day?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Mathew 6:9

“Y OU must pray, then, this way:

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your kingdom come.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I still hope but I no longer expect

• JH
    JH
    I still hope but I no longer expect

Stilla, do you feel that many in your congregation share the same thoughts as you?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No special treatment for me. I'll die and be recycled back into the earth just like everyone else in history. Parts of me will be absorbed by plants and animals. Who knows? Maybe a thousand years from now a forensic team may find traces of me in their pizza.

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla, do you feel that many in your congregation share the same thoughts as you?

Judging by very poor meeting attendance (many M/S also miss regularly) I would judge YES - but I can not prove it

• lola28
    lola28

This is the main reason I became a witness, I wanted God to do something and make things better. I wanted him to cure the sick and make sure every child had food before going to bed at night. I wanted him to step in and fix things.

But it seems that he like Bush is also on vacation.

lola

• Quotes
    Quotes

I thought J.C. returned as King in 1914.

So I guess the Kingdom is already here.

Now, I'm just waiting for the King to assign me to my official little "Serfdom". Or waiting for this installed King to do anything else, for that matter.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

~Quotes, of the "Serf" class

• JH
    JH

I think the prayer should read this way instead:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
    Hallowed be Thy Name;
    Die kingdom come,

So we will probably die first before it comes....

• blondie
  • Undecided
    Undecided

If God would just kill the mosquitoes, I think that would be a major action all mankind would appreciate.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit