Did you ever feel the JW "holy spirit"

by Smiles 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free2beme
    free2beme

Once, but after I took some Gas-X, it went away.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

When I was a kid I delivered newspapers for a buck or two. There was this dog that always barked, no mater what. One time I was stressed out about something (I cant even remember what it was) and I was praying constantly for Jehovah’s help. Well I was praying while on my route and I asked Jehovah to send me a sign. I actually asked that if he was listening to my prayers to let me know by silencing the dog. Sure enough, the dog didn’t bark that day. I was convinced that this was all the proof that I needed to reassure me that the almighty creator had my back.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

nope! not! and not ever! the only time I felt anything of the "holy spirit" description, was with my ancient believers from russia. It has nothing to do with modern evangelism/christianity. What a twisted web the "christians" weave.

• thom
    thom

I used to pray very much before giving a talk and felt that I just couldn't do it on my own (do it well anyway). I did the same when I taught classes at businesses around the world. I always prayed before I got up in front of everyone and attributed doing a good job to Holy Spirit.
    Once I left, and continued to teach classes, I didn't pray about it and did the same job I was doing before. Finally realizing it was me doing the (hopefully) good job, not some imaginary helper.

• Mackin
    Mackin

[Once I left, and continued to teach classes, I didn't pray about it and did the same job I was doing before. Finally realizing it was me doing the (hopefully) good job, not some imaginary helper.]

I couldn't agree more Thom.

Mackin

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Agree with Thom. I used to pray and do pretty good talks, and became convinced I would completely muck up if i didnt pray. When i started doubting i stopped praying before talks and found i did exactly the same sort of talk.

I never felt the Holy Spirit. I was so disappointed when i was baptised at 16. Went under, came up and felt exactly the same. Jesus had the heavens open, the early Christians were born again, and yet i never felt anything, no matter how hard i prayed.

On the other hand, i have always been very intuitive, and able to pick up on vibes more than the average man, so am a bit surprised i wasnt susceptible to holy spirit type emotions.

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

I do know that I didn't feel it when my old man slammed his fist on the table and said "Goddammnit! I can't do this!" during the opening prayer for a family study (of the Family book-remember that joy??!!!).

ok, I'm sorry...yes, i believe I have felt it, but i believe it had much more to do with where my head and heart were.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - my fisrt Circuit elders meeting. We met and there were ahuge number of leders and we opened with song - I swear I could feel the holy spirit - or at least the emotion - the male voice is quite powerful in song when there is no female voice to temper it

• toreador
    toreador

Not really. I still dont.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit