Did you ever feel the JW "holy spirit"

by Smiles 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

Were there ever times when you were sure you could feel or see "Jehovah's holy spirit" operating?

• JH
    JH

Finding the right scriptures to answer someone's question was not really God's holy spirit but my knowledge of the bible.

I don't know if someone can "feel" the hold spirit in action.

No, I didn't feel any holy spirit, although I did pray intensely at times.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Yes, as a JDub I would feel this sence of euphoria and well being at times. Later on in life I discovered it was a mixture of endorphine and adrenalin.

steve

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope

• luna2
    luna2

I never was sure. Sometimes I would get a feeling of well being, but I could never have said for sure that it was Holy Spirit.

I really started questioning this stuff when a guy I worked with talked about going to church and how he felt the "Holy Spirit" decend upon the congregation as they sang a well loved hymn....and I remembered feeling something similar back in my youth when in church singing Christmas songs. (Never felt that euphoria singing Kingdumb melodies, however). I decided that such feelings were unreliable.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I had moments where I felt a sense of 'belonging' and the warm fuzzy feeling of security. I interpreted these as blesssings from the spirit world rather than the result of social integration and delusion.

• Honesty
    Honesty

NO.

But I feel it now because Christ dwells in believers through the Holy Spirit..

• vitty
    vitty

So Honesty, tell us how it FEELS for those of us who have never experienced it please !

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I felt a sense of euphoria once when I was a JW. I was skipping a meeting one night and met up with a biker buddy of mine. We smoked some good weed and checked out a couple of strip joints. The beer was cold and the babes were hot.

I wouldn't call it "holy spirit" but it was good enough for me.

W

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I sometimes felt the calm, warm sense of sureness that what I was doing or learning or coming to understand was correct. But I never felt the constant presence of God or support of the Holy Spirit that I thought I was supposed to feel as a member of the only right religion in the world. I was constantly jealous of pioneers and others who seemed to have "it". No matter what I did or how I studied or how nicely I prettied up my time card with extra activity, I could never get "it". I wanted so badly to feel I was personally "plugged-in" to God, that I knew I was doing the right thing because I had an uninterrrupted sense of "peace that excelled all thought."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit