"The Very Hairs of Your Head"

by 5thGeneration 11 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

As a current active publisher I still have to be fascinated by some WT study articles.

For example last week:

"...But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." -Matt. 10:29,30

WT reads:

"...one hair seems just like the next, and no single hair seems to deserve our particular scrutiny. Yet each hair is noticed and numbered by Jehovah God. Since this is the case, is there any detail of our life that Jehovah cannot know?..."

Sorry, but how can ANYONE, let alone the Society, think that this scripture is actually LITERAL?

We all lose thousands of hairs a day but Jehovah is preoccupied by literally counting them all? At the same time he CHOOSES not to know the future?

Pretty hard to understand.

• JH
    JH

I don't lose 1000 hairs a day....maybe 50. and 49 grows back...lol

That's how I get old. 1 hair at a time

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    Since this is the case, is there any detail of our life that Jehovah cannot know?...

Good example of mind control. jojoba knows everything. Even if you think a "bad thought" he'll know and you'll be sorry.

• fairchild
    fairchild

What about people who wear wigs? Did they mention anything about that?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    "...But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." -Matt. 10:29,30

You must be reading that from the NWT again.(Fred Franz Version)

I use a much more accurate version of the scriptures

I reads...."...But the very hairs of your scrotum are all numbered." -Matt. 10:29,30

We must remember the god of the bible had a fixation for those kind of things.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    But the very hairs of your scrotum are all numbered

I know guys who shave their scrotums. God ain't goin' like that.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

As an aside - I agree I think God has far more importnt thing sto think about than hair counts. Only Homer Simpsons should care:) However, when game programmers write computer code for realistic parts of people like hair there are some ultra realistic ones where individual hairs are rendered and therefore could be said to be numbered to the programmer (though I doubt that he/she would actually sit and count it - more likely there is an algorithm used to generate it - a bit like dna.) I like to think of God as the ultimate programmer - the one who could write Windows in a fraction of the code and without help and that only crashed when serious sin was involved(like visiting the unix apostates)

• Undecided
    Undecided

If God hears all prayers and counts the hairs of our head, knows when a bird dies, it's no wonder he doesn't have time to stop disasters like Katrina.

Ken P.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Ken, such is what Morgan Freeman's "God" tried to get across in Bruce Almighty.

The WT misunderstands a lot of Jesus' sayings and parables. Like keeping your eye simple. I remember reading a comprehensive understanding of what that meant to Jesus' audience in a bible commentary publication and the WT's application of it seemed way off. If I remembered the details I'd share but I just woke up from 18 hours of sleep and suddenly feel nauseous.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hey one of my hairdressers discovered that I have 2 hairs growing out of my hair shafts on my head! Isnt that interesting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit