Got a call from an Elder last night.

by Es 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Ahh no i dont think so. I finally got the chance to introduce Mike to my dad mind you i had to go the convention a couple of weeks ago to do that. But i knew that would be the best place for him to meet Mike.

He explained to Mike that it wasnt personal bout not coming to the wedding but that as an elder he had a responsibilty. So i dont think its bout that...not sure hehe i made sure at the convention that i held mikes hand everywhere and laughed and mucked around with him ,so that i could start gossip with those in my old congo. Heheh funnily enuf havnt gotten a phone call from dad after that. Im sure there were heaps of people going up to him and asking who that guy was that es was with.

es

• Confession
    Confession

So I'm still confused... If your fiance isn't a JW, why did this elder admonish you to consider his wishes? What was he talking about?

• Es
    Es

Yeah really i have no idea, this elder has met my fiance twice now. But still not sure why he said that

es

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey I don't know about all that... they might have just set it aside for you to think about. If there was never an announcement they might be wondering now what to do about your letter and if they should start the ball rolling; that might have been what the call was about, just an 'are you sure?' thing.

All the best for the upcoming wedding Es, I'll post details of mine when I can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit