Got a call from an Elder last night.

by Es 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hi all,

Was about 8:30 last night and the phone rang....it was an elder from my old congo he wanted to come over and i said "why" and he goes we want to know what we can do to help you spiritually. In which i replied "things havnt changed for me i still feel the same way, there are things i dont believe in and never will and im not going to be one of those hypocrites sitting there pretending i believe,

A bit of background info i sent my D\A letter off prob bout 7 months ago now, they just disregarded it thinking i was doing it to get back at my dad!.So he asked me last night after 7 months if i wanted them to go through with the D\A letter...i was like WTF. I just replied well like i said there are things i dont agree and believe in.

He replied "Ok well we want to respect your wishes and we dont want to be a burden on you and you have to respect your fiances wishes as well, in which i said thanks for calling see ya later.

What the hell was all that about?

es

• Confession
    Confession
    ...you have to respect your fiances wishes as well...

What did he mean by this?

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze Es, I'd say its a Sign of The Times!! You know they're frigging desperate for numbers and such when they start phoning DA'd ones!! LMAO!! Wonder if he counted you as a Return Visit!!!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What it probably means is that the circuit overseer is coming soon and they needed to show that they were making their required annual calls on df'ed and da'd persons.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sounds like the, Let's be sweet and show her how reasonable we really are!" tactic. It has been said that all is fair in love and war. The Nit-witnesses believe a similar concept, "We can lie and use any means to fool someone into being with us, because we love them and know what is best for them." Be very careful.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I didn't know Elders made visits to former members who D/A. I didn't D/A, but I made it clear that they would never see me in the Kingdom Hall ever again and I have yet to see an elder make an attempt to visit with me. Five years and counting.

It must be nice to be thought of...

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's 'cause you are a grrrrrl. Grrrrl's don't have opinons. They are led around by their emotions and the men in their lives (fiancee').

• Purza
    Purza
    What it probably means is that the circuit overseer is coming soon and they needed to show that they were making their required annual calls on df'ed and da'd persons.

Exactly!

Purza

• Legolas
    Legolas
    He replied "Ok well we want to respect your wishes and we dont want to be a burden on

What?????? I thought it was the troof? and they are going to let be be damed and die at armageddon?

And BTW.....

• Dune
    Dune

They have to call on the DA'd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit