Twitch
    People pay you for this sh*t? Man, am I in the wrong business!!! LOL

As P.T. Barnum once said......

Kid-A

Why r u such an a$$hole?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Well twit (ch);

As I am not the person using an ex-JW discussion board to sell snake oil and voodoo incantations to emotionally vulnerable individuals,

and you appear quite eager to defend this practice, I guess that makes you the a$$hole. But dont worry, for $ 30 an hour, feel free

to have a "hoodoo" curse placed on me in lieu of your posted insults! LOL....

• Twitch
    Twitch

Kid

Response as expected and understandable considering the bait. You do seem pretty angry though and I'm sure you have your reasons.

Don't be bitter, that'll eat you up inside,.....:-)

Good point on the advert thing though. I guess it's a matter of approach,....

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    So you've set up a website to con gullible people out of their money by lying to them that you can make some kind of difference in their lives.

If you choose to believe this kind of delusion that's your business, but once you start preying on the gullible, desperate or ill for financial gain you earn nothing but contempt from me.

I've e-mailed the URL to RANDI.ORG and CSICOP.ORG, hopefully they'll publish something that will keep at least some vulnerable people away from your site.

People pay you for this sh*t? Man, am I in the wrong business!!! LOL

All I can say....is......wow.

Annie edited to add......Do you two feel better now ?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Don't burn the witch!

As an incurable European, I'm not too much into magic (not that I don't believe in magical thinking; I think we all practice some kind of it), but having enjoyed GentlyFeral's posts here I am sure she is a great help to a lot of people. The "advertisement" issue is debatable, but this thread was started one year ago and it doesn't seem to have bothered anyone until today's update. We have a lot of books and other accomplishments advertised here, and we usually congratulate the authors without prior censorship.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

OK, I'll take the littlest fry first.

badboy, nowhere in my site do I claim to be "scientific." Magic evaporates in the laboratory. I know this, and I don't hesitate to tell my clients this.

"Nevertheless, it moves."

Also, I'm not into astrology – just can't wrap my head around it.

And Mackin:

So you've set up a website to con gullible people out of their money by lying to them that you can make some kind of difference in their lives. If you choose to believe this kind of delusion that's your business,

Apparently, you assume that everyone who believes in the reality of the spiritual realm is gullible by definition. My experience has led me to believe otherwise. IOW, I'm offering to do for others what has been done for me.

but once you start preying on the gullible, desperate or ill for financial gain you earn nothing but contempt from me.
    I was taught – by other psychic readers – to refer people to any material help that is available, as well as whatever I can do on the spiritual plane. I'm always looking for new material resources. Do you know of anything along the lines of Lutheran Charities, the Free Medicine Foundation, the Veterans Administration (I found out they'll pay for trade school if you're a veteran), the Family Emergency Shelter Coalition, etc.? Please advise.

I've e-mailed the URL to RANDI.ORG and CSICOP.ORG, hopefully they'll publish something that will keep at least some vulnerable people away from your site.
    Well, I'm no Benny Hinn – and I'm not applying for that famous million-dollar prize – so I won't hold my breath.

I'll just close with a quote from my own website which you apparently missed:

"I don't believe in magical thinking."

Short answer: Then there's no need for you to work with a magician.

Long answer: I've heard it said that "Magic is a science." I disagree. ... Terence McKenna once described rationalism as "a charmed circle," a way of excluding wide areas of human experience from consideration. It's great at banishing boogeymen ("There are no vampires; there are no monsters under your bed"). As such, rationalism is a spiritual gift – one that I respect and don't really have. I'm grateful to the rationalists of the world who "believe in the gospel of good clothes, good houses, intelligence and education." But my experience has taught me that rationalism is not the only spiritual gift that brings material results. Your experience, of course, may teach you differently. I have no right to argue with you.

And now I have laid all my cards on the table, so I doubt I will find any more to say to you on this subject.

gently feral

• Mackin
    Mackin

***Apparently, you assume that everyone who believes in the reality of the spiritual realm is gullible by definition***
    I don't assume anything, I *know* you are either deluded or a con artist. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you are merely deluded like everyone else that believes in the supernatural. JW's believe in the "reality" of the "new system", that doesn't make it true, no matter how real it may seem to them.
    ***I was taught by other psychic readers to refer people to any material help that is available, as well as whatever I can do on the spiritual plane.***
    I'm glad to hear that you do some practical good for those in need, but it doesn't alter the fact that in your delusion you are giving vulnerable people false hope by making them think you can perform some kind of "spiritual magic". And you make them pay for it!
    ***I'm not applying for that famous million-dollar prize***
    Why not? You claim to have magical powers, why don't you provide proof of those powers and walk away with a cool million bucks? Unless of course your magic powers are not actually real.
    As I said, I don't care what you personally believe, that's your business. But when you start trying to convince others that you have the ability to improve their lives, and especially when you are doing it for financial gain, you are no different to any other scammer or con artist out there.

Mackin

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Mackin, I returned to this thread because I thought you might have social-service URL or address for me, so I could give more and better non-delusional material help to anyone who might need it.

I think a major problem that most people have with scientific materialism is that it takes a high degree of education and complex research to really "banish the spirit" without simply accepting the testimony of trained scientists at face value – which is the best most people can do. Since few people are equipped replicate or even assess the research, they are essentially relying on arguments from authority – which, as we both know, is a logical fallacy. And, of course, this is why people fall for junk science, too.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you are merely deluded like everyone else that believes in the supernatural.
    I'd like to recommend a thoughtful book to all and sundry: Lives of the Psychics, Fred Frohock.

Interviewer: Who's right, the absolute skeptic or the true believer in psychic phenomena?

Frohock: Neither. The cautious and critical believer is right.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit