Mind your manners!

by hibiscusfire 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Ballistic:

At a formal dinner it is wrong to take a phone to the table and especially bad to place one on the table.

It is perfectly acceptable at a business lunch, but you should still apologise before answering.

Thank you

You are correct. At a formal dinner the phone would be in my purse not on the table.

I don't like business lunches...but it would be in my bag.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

gently feral:

Ask her to speak more softly, because it embarrasses you to be eavesdropping on other people's business, and someone else might take advantage of her that way.

Always express concern for the other person's self-interest if you can.

Though this may be true...perhaps the person can't hear herself speak as well but the people who speak on cell phones usually don't concentrate on what they are doing of what they are supposed to do....especially while travelling.

Yes someone else could take advantage of the situation too. I think it is good to remind people when they do that but not everyone would take it a nice way.

Hibe

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Whenever your mother-in-law visits for dinner, she makes derogatory comments about your cooking and house cleaning. Your in-laws are coming over for a big family get-together on Mother's Day. How to respond to these remarks?

I would smile really big and show her the front door.

Have a Nice Day!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

How would you tell someone that their breath is not smelling to well....suppose it's your boss!

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

ideally....

A delicate task. It will be hard for the offending person to hear, so handle it with diplomacy and sincerity. Tell the individual that you would like to speak with him or her. Set up a meeting or a lunch - strictly private. There must be no chance of another coworker walking in on this conversation, so set aside a special time and place.

Tell your coworker you have noticed lately that there is a problem. If it's a body odor problem, tell him or her you have noticed lately that their deodorant is no longer working. Suggest that every so often, deodorants quit doing their job and that a solution could be as simple as changing brands.

Be non-accusatory; be positive. Your role is that of a supporter and a helper.

Tell them you'll keep checking back to see if the problem is solved. I often hear from folks that say the talk did some good for awhile but, for whatever reason, the coworker went back to how it was before. So, they need to know you are expecting change, and that you are going to follow up.

False sincerity shows through. If you feel that you cannot be sincere, elect another of your coworkers to take on the task. Also, it will probably be more comfortable for the coworker with the problem to hear this information from someone of the same sex.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Usually I feel uncomfortable telling the person so I held my breath and offered them a mint.

Hibe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit