Mind your manners!

by hibiscusfire 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

How would you handle situations?

Sometimes people know the right thing to do but yet do otherwise.

What would you really do in certain cases even if you know or don't know the acceptable thing?

Hibe

Whenever your mother-in-law visits for dinner, she makes derogatory comments about your cooking and house cleaning. Your in-laws are coming over for a big family get-together on Mother's Day. How to respond to these remarks?
    Let it slide.

Complain to your husband and let him set her straight.

Pull your mother-in-law aside if she makes a comment and politely explain to her that the remarks hurt your feelings.
  • hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

2. Careless or Considerate?

A woman is talking loudly on her cell phone on a crowded commuter train. You're sitting across the aisle from her. What do you say?
    Say nothing directly but let out an audible sigh or "tsk" so that she knows you're annoyed.
    Ask her to speak more softly.
    Put on headphones to drown out the noise.
    Alert a member of the train crew.
  • juni
    juni

Hibiscus,

What would I do? Since this is my husband's mother he would be the one to address the problem to her. If it were the other way around, it would by my responsibility. That's my 2 cents worth.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

juni: The ideal answer is this....

Pull your mother-in-law aside if she makes a comment and politely explain to her that the remarks hurt your feelings.

Honestly I'd do the same as you. I'd want my husband to set her straight....but then she'd be resentful ent?

Hibe

• juni
    juni

I'd put on my headphones and tune her out. If it continued day after day - a regular commuter that has the same schedule as I, I would leave the train the same time as she and kick her to the curb and smash her cell phone. ONLY KIDDING!!

• juni
    juni

According to Good Housekeeping mag. this is the right answer? Phooey!! I do what I know is right. And if she wants to be resentful? Don't let the door kick her in the butt as she leaves. She must grow up and respect her son's and daughter in law's house rules. And if she doesn't like the food go eat with the dog or cat. Aren't I mean?? Juni :)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I'd probably stueps at the woman and give her a bad eye.

3. When is it okay to borrow from another's room?

a. If you bring it right back.

b. If you're in a hurry.

c. If you really, really need the item.

d. If you have permission.

The ideal answer is d. If you have permission.

My answer it depends on whose room it is.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

juni According to Good Housekeeping mag. this is the right answer? Phooey!! I do what I know is right. And if she wants to be resentful? Don't let the door kick her in the butt as she leaves. She must grow up and respect her son's and daughter in law's house rules. And if she doesn't like the food go eat with the dog or cat. Aren't I mean?? Juni :) LOL!! No you're not mean. Did it happen to you? What if it were your husband's sister? Hibe

• juni
    juni

I agree with you on this one Hibi.

• juni
    juni

Fortunately I have a wonderful mother in law and sisters in law. But............... yes, I would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit