Mind your manners!

by hibiscusfire 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Once someone is the target of a bully, he or she may become a victim again and again. That's why it's important to know a few steps you can take if you become the target:

• Stop listening to the bully's lies and verbal assaults. You did nothing wrong and don't need to feel ashamed.
    • Break through your fears for one week at least. Procrastination ensures an outcome worse than the most feared.
    • Assert your right to be treated with respect regardless of who you are and where you rank.
    • Demand it directly from the bully whenever you interact. You owe it to yourself.
    • Document the bully's misconduct. Report him/her to anyone who will listen. Break the silence.
    • Rally witnesses and co-workers to help defend you, to shame the cowardly bully-tyrant.

For mother-in-law, and bosses!!!!

Hibie

• juni
    juni

For this one, I would do the first 5 and if it kept up I would take my documentation to the proper authorities and have them take care of it to the fullest extent of the law. And go from there........ :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Pull your mother-in-law aside if she makes a comment and politely explain to her that the remarks hurt your feelings.

If this doesn't work then it's time to stop being polite about it. Some people mistake politeness and kindness for weakness.

A woman is talking loudly on her cell phone on a crowded commuter train. You're sitting across the aisle from her. What do you say?

I don't say anything. I just fantasise about putting a large object in her mouth to shut her up.

W

• juni
    juni

Clarification - for bosses you'd have a legal recourse. For mother in laws - back to the dog dish or out the door until you can come groveling back apologizing. :)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Elbows on the table, double dipping, and trips to the restroom -- how is your family doing when it comes to the social graces at the dinner table? The answers to the questions (just five), may tell and we'll tally the score.
    When is it acceptable to put your elbows on the table?
    Only between courses.
    While you are eating.
    Never.

When I'm eating at home I like to prop up my legs on the chair.

When I'm at the restaurant I try to keep my elbows off the table but I put them on the table when I'm not eating (when I remember)

The ideal answer is ONLY BETWEEN COURSES

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

5. During the meal you need to visit the restroom. What do you do?

Announce to everyone, "I've gotta go to the toilet."
    Say, "Excuse me for a moment, I'll be right back."
    Say nothing -- just leave.
    Sit quietly and suffer until the meal is over.

If I'm with my immediate family or my sweetheart I'd say "I've gotta go to the toilet."
    If I'm with others I'd say "I'll be right back."

Long ago I'd Sit quietly and suffer until the meal is over.

Ofcourse "Excuse me for a moment, I'll be right back." is ideal.

Hibe

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    When you are not eating, where do you keep your hands?
    On your lap or resting on the table. (Ideal)
    In your pockets.(would people wonder if you're scratching?)
    Keep 'em busy. Drum a little tune with your fingers.(Then annoy?)

Usually on my phone.

Hibe

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Usually on my phone.

At a formal dinner it is wrong to take a phone to the table and especially bad to place one on the table.

It is perfectly acceptable at a business lunch, but you should still apologise before answering.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    A woman is talking loudly on her cell phone on a crowded commuter train. You're sitting across the aisle from her. What do you say?

Ask her to speak more softly, because it embarrasses you to be eavesdropping on other people's business, and someone else might take advantage of her that way.

Always express concern for the other person's self-interest if you can.

gently feral

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

finally free:

I don't say anything. I just fantasise about putting a large object in her mouth to shut her up.

You have to be joking!

Hib

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit