Preaching at the Astrodome

by 4JWY 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I wonder how the dubs did it with only the bible and no publications.

• 4JWY
    4JWY
    I wonder if they are imagining just how much worse than this their armageddon is going to be . Of course there will be no tv or internet so they won't be privy to all the carnage their "loving" god will wreak

I'm really curious to know if any have brought that thought up to active family members/friends for a response? The thought of it must just warm their heart. I know, if I was still in, I'd be tossing that around.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Of course Witnesses cannot deal with things going on in the world in a pragmatic, or practical, way. They instead attribute some kind of sign or meaning to such occurences and how it all supports their prophecies. It must give some kind of comfort to know you don't know, or choose not to know the things you don't know.

I'm really curious to know if any have brought that thought up to active family members/friends for a response? The thought of it must just warm their heart. I know, if I was still in, I'd be tossing that around.

As far as their idea of Armageddon and having billions, not thousands, of bodies strewn about (much less how their god can selectively kill some and leave others still standing), if they were actually there, they wouldn't know where to begin, and they'd be thinking, "Damn, there's no more windows to wash, no lawns to mow, Jehober killed all the people that know what to do now."

And then a pandemic disease will overtake any survivors before Jehober, unable to change a universe he set in motion, watches as the last standing Witness expires on a rotting Earth.

To not think about this is to put yourself in the same position as those that chose to stay in New Orleans.

S

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

It's the regular take advantage of people while they're down scheme.There's going to be some "exciting" experiences being told in the kingdom halls for months to come.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It's the regular take advantage of people while they're down scheme.There's going to be some "exciting" experiences being told in the kingdom halls for months to come.

(yaaaaaaaaaawn)

Be still my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit