Will Bush change his view on global warming now

by ballistic 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

So... is this a fair representation of views on it? Should my question really have been "Will Americans change their view on global warming now"

Just to tell you my experience, we've had 12 warm winters in a row now in the south of England. Tropical thunderstorms are more common. I'm sitting here half naked at 10 at night to keep cool, I don't have air con because I've never needed it. People are now starting to get air con now - it was unheard of here a few years ago. I see more and more people getting air con pumping out yet more and more heat out into the atmosphere and using more energy.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I don't know--I'm highly skeptical of global warming myself.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No your question should have been;

"will the people of the earth (not just bush or america) keep f*cking it up until it's completly devoid of life?"

Interestingly I saw a show the other day where a british tanker was dropping THOUSANDS of barrels of toxic waste into the ocean and the crane operator was trying to drop them ON the little greenpeace boats that were attempting to stop them from dropping the waste (nailed one too, funny stuff) So this enviromental issue isn't simple an american problem...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, the public here in the UK is divided over global warming although I would say most have an awareness of enviromental issues. It would be interesting though, since writing this post, to find out if there are cultural differences in views on this, rather than me judging by the string of replies that you can see above.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Ballistic - I will agree we have had a hot summer here in the midwest of America, but it's not the hottest I can remember. As for previous years, the summer of 2004 was actually quite cool. The temperature rarely went over 80 degrees. In fact, the owner of a heating and air conditioning company with approximately 100 employees complained to me that he had to lay many employees off that summer because they weren't getting much business. The last few winters in our area were quite cold and "wintry" in the true sense of the word. I'm 63 years old and I've seen lots of hot summers, cool summers, mild winters, and extremely cold winters. I don't see any trend, but then I'm only one person on a big planet.

• Simon
    Simon

It's not about being the hottest - over here 1976 was a very hot year.

However, now every year is hot and the winters hardly exist (I can remember getting deep snow when I was little, now it's extremely rare).

The icecaps are melting. The glaciers are retreating. The oceans are getting hotter.

Everyone knows about global warming except it seems certain sections of the US Administration and followers.

• JH
    JH

Even if the US administration made a 180 degree turn, it would take forever to fix the damage.

My guess is that it's business as usual for Mr.Bush. Nothing will change.

• JH
    JH

I also think that the US administration is prepared for much worse to come, like nuclear war. They focus on mutual destruction, and aren't defense minded. That's why they didn't do much for New Orleans. They were geared for many ciites being destroyed since a long time ago. For those that don't follow my reasoning, I'M drunk.....

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"Bush does not concede because it is to imprtant of an issue to be wrong on."

So even though something's correct, it would be "wrong" thinking because it's not the politically correct way to think? Talk about argumentum ad populum.

"The icecaps are melting. The glaciers are retreating. The oceans are getting hotter.

Everyone knows about global warming except it seems certain sections of the US Administration and followers."

well, maybe they know that global warming is a natural force and ignore it instead of treating it like a huge problem.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    know that global warming is a natural force

Your certainty is unbelievably arrogant, but it's what I've come to expect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit