After Katrina, do you now have an emergency plan?

by LyinEyes 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I think I`ll hookup with fairchild, & desbah when the big *A* comes!!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    So what do you worry about in regards to emergency situations and what is your plan?

COFFEE!!! LOL! Seriously, tho, when we got hit a few years back by Hurricane Gloria, she tore us up good........we were without electricity for at least a week. Fortunately, the neighbor next door, also a witness, had a camp stove and we were able to use that for some of our needs.........my biggest, I remember at the time, was COFFEE! We went over to a witness friends house to use the shower facilities also, as their electricity came up alot faster than ours did..........go figure, we lived in the same town, but, our housing development was one of the last areas to get power back. Then, there was the year that we got SLAMMED with huge snowstorms........one right after the other...............I have an emergency kit in the car, and we always have plenty of candles and flashlight with batteries in it. We live on the ground floor, and I figure if worse came to worse, I'd fire up the chimnea on the back patio and cook some food on that! The cats and the birds would be fine.......we'd figure out a way to keep them warm and dry.......I think my biggest concern is being stranded in the car in a snowstorm, that is why I have the kit in there..........one candle will keep the whole inside of your car warm for hours! And, I have blankets and matches stored in a waterproof kit, and I have flares.........and a snow shovel.........so, I think I'd be okay til things cleared up and I was able to get back someplace inhabited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit