What's the very first thing .......or amount ......you ever won?

by hubert 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

I took a chance on a raffle in a variety store, and won a "MOTHERS DAY CAKE"!!! Ha, Ha !!

It was so freakin' dry, too !!

Hubert

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've never won anything

• luna2
    luna2

The first thing I ever won was a six-foot, styrofoam bead stuffed, green plush snake at a game booth at a county fair in Illinois. It cost me a dime. LOL I kept that cheap thing for years until, finally, the seams gave out and its innards spilled out.

• Dimples
    Dimples

I work at an elementary school and they had a raffle for joining PTA for the faculty and staff. I never win anything so it was to my surprise when they called my number, I was in complete shock. I won a gift certificate and a bag filled of goodies. It was cool.

DIMPLES

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

50, 100, 300 dollars...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The first prize I ever won was $10 for finding the right letters under some coke bottle caps.

The most I ever won was $2,500 Best Buy Gift Card in a raffle at work.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

The first thing was a 45rpm record at a radio promo. I was about 7. It was a country station promo. Neither my mom or dad liked country music...we were just there for the hotdogs after service.

It was something about being an angel in disguise by i don't know who.

The second time was in the 8th grade. I got picked as an audience volunteer. I recorded a radio promo for an hour of music dedicated to our class. My prize was a whole week's recording (LP's) of an edition of "American Top 40" for the week of February something 1984....the number one song "Jump" by Van Halen. I remember my dad made a huge deal about Huey Lewis (watch out, he's just a step below Maralyn Manson) singing "I Want a New Drug".

Ern

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

6 years old, a floral contest: 2 blue ribbons (best in Jr. show, best in catagory) a red ribbon and a yellow ribbon! And some tigerlily bulbs.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Most have been won from radio stations, and their various contests for being "caller number 10" or answering a question correctly.

I've won:

- cash in amounts of $1000, $500, and $100

-front row seats to big name concert artist's performances

- 4 tickets to Disneyland to include 2 nights lodging and $250 cash to spend in the hotel's restaurants

-tons of tickets to major league baseball games (many of which were on meeting nights!)

- t-shirts, free tanks of gas, deep sea fishing trips, boat rentals, books, weekend trips w/lodging, movie premier tickets, cd's

As a matter of fact, I'm calling in today, every hour to try for the hundred bucks giveaway and concert tickets. I've even won things I haven't bothered to go pick up as it's a three quarter hour drive in traffic to get to the station's offices. I usually try to convince the station to mail the stuff to me, but they don't always go for it. When you win cash, you have to sign for it and fill out a W-2. I'm still hoping for the trip to Hawaii and the doubling of my paycheck.

• Nikita
    Nikita

My husband and I won a trip to Disneyworld back in 1991. We were so in debt at the time we took the cash equivalent and
    paid off our bills!

Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit