Our New Orleans is gone.

by LyinEyes 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

It is such a tradgedy. So sad.

es

• Soledad
    Soledad

I have wonderful memories of New Orleans. I went for Mardi Gras in 2000 with my brother and a friend. We had such a blast!

Such a beautiful and historic city. What great food too! I never had better seafood anywhere else, I kid you not. My husband's favorite dish is one I got from a Cajun cooking show.

N.O. has given us so much. We need to rebuild this city.

This tragedy in a way reminds me of 9-11 here in NYC. I felt such a tremendous sense of loss and that we could never be the same as before. But here we still are. So go ahead and build up again. Make us proud New Orleans!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

When I first started this thread, I was so down because of what the people, the evacuees here were saying. There isnt a woman, child or man doesnt care when they think of all that is lost. But even thru that you can see their spirits shinning thru. I saw Anne Rice interviewed tonite,,,,,,,she lives in New Orleans, ( She wrote Interview with the Vampire , etc.) and she said that New Orleans is not really gone, because of the spirit of the people there. I know it is hard to imagine that NO can ever be what it was, but I think we all will look upon the rebuilt NO with as much love and admiration as the old, due to the spirit of the people down there , just like she said. It is all just going to take time.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I was wondering if Anne Rice had spoke about it. Thanks, LyinEyes!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I have fond memories of New Orleans. I would sometimes take weekend trips there on Southwest really cheap. I will miss that place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit