We've lost an ex-JW from Missouri in Iraq

by keeshah 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Rest in peace.

• keeshah
    keeshah
    This kinda hits close to home. I'm from the Columbia/Moberly area, (north of Jefferson City) just about a 45 minute drive. Decades ago, some families from our congregation would visit other congregations, including Jefferson City. Anyone else from Misery, OOPS, meant Missouri??

Obie and I went to the Buffalo congregation. It's 32 miles out of Springfield.

I've only been in the Columbia area a handfull of times. Have you heard of the Rodarte's or the Penal's (sp?)?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    And another thing... I watch for your posts because you live so close to my hometown. So far I like you, but... I'm a Republican and I DO value teenage life. No hard feelings... just couldn't let that one go.

I meant no offense. I was speaking mainly about the Republican leadership in Washington. We hear all the time how horrible abortion is. I agree with that. But I just think as a country we should show the same level of concern for our young soldiers. As a country we should never have sent our young people into harms way in Iraq, without concrete evidence it was needed. Once we did send them in, we should have made sure they had everything they needed to have the best chance of survival, i.e. body armor and armored Hummers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some anti-war liberal. Freedom isn't free, and the job of the U.S. military is to kill those who threaten our freedom. Afganistan was a perfect example of the proper use of lethel force. I personaly feel that Syria and Iran posed, and continue to pose, a greater threat to the country than Iraq ever did.

I think Bush screwed us on Iraq. He squandered the credibility that the U.S. had with a war on terror. I wish the Iraq situation had been more properly thought out and planned.

And one more thing..... I'm not totaly anti-Republican either. I think very highly of John McCain and Rudy Juliani. I guess I'm more anti Neo-Con.

• acadian
    acadian
    Acadian ~ it is men like this and my husband who are willing to sacrifice their lives so you can have the freedom to spout drivle.

alreadygone:

I don't remember anyone asking me if they could sacrifice their lives for me.

And you don't know my background, where i've been and what i've done. (Military/Marines)

It saddens me when anyone dies, but e specially for the wrong reasons.

This War is based solely on deception and lies. (like most wars)

I don't apoligize for my comments, because their not against those who have fallen and their families.
    Their against the mind-set that allows our children to be sent to places like Iraq in the name of "Democracy".

Acadian

• keeshah
    keeshah
    I meant no offense.

Not a problem. I've been known to make blanket statements too. And to be perfectly honest, I haven't kept up on all the issues with the war. I have my hands full with the PTO at my children's school... that's my level of polictics.

I really don't know if it's right or wrong for us to be over there, but I'm very proud of our young men for doing their duty.

• keeshah
    keeshah
    I don't apoligize for my comments, because their not against those who have fallen and their families.
    What was he doing there in the first place?

Sorry for your lost. But if you want to play you have to pay.

When you sign up, your saying you are willing to kill people and/or be killed.

UMMM... sounds like your comments are against the person to me.

To me, when they sign up, it means that they love their freedom and want themselves and other ppl to keep it. It's sad that it comes down to killing, but it's a reality. I'm grateful that there are ppl that are brave enough to do it, because I know that I'm not.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    but I'm very proud of our young men for doing their duty

I couldn't agree more!

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

"What was he doing there in the first place? Sorry for your lost. But if you want to play you have to pay. Matt. 26:52 The military is not an organization that values life, they kill people. Regardless of why a person would join such an organization, education or what ever, it's still a killing machine. When you sign up, your saying you are willing to kill people and/or be killed. What a waste of life ... Acadian" How sad to go from one lie (Watchtower) to another. (Bush's illegal war.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit