My husband's comment on the hurricane looters.

by wordlywife 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

If people are taking water, food, diapers, I understand. But stealing jewelry, appliances, 20 pairs of Nikes, I think that is beyond what is helping your brother.

Interesting that you should mention paying back 7 times, u/d. I wonder if these people plan on paying it back?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Sounds like some down in New Orleans have turned worse than animals. They are raping women, and killing, but the news says it is unconfirmed.

I can understand alot of the looting, being pissed off at the government, trying to survive , but rape?? I am shocked.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I wonder if these people plan on paying it back?

Good people will, or at least will try to repay.... I know I would...and I'm not that "good".

u/d(of the "let the mountains cover us" class)

• willy_think
    willy_think

the "looters" should take what thay need. people are starving and naked who in there right mind, would say a company's bottom line is more important then a victoms needs.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

People are doing things they never would have imagined they would do. Desperation. Some of these looters could be witnesses, too. We don't know they are not.

I'm always amazed to hear what Witnesses think about things like this, as if they are the center of the universe. I'm sure they will work hard to help, but the problem is, they will act as if they are the only ones who are doing it. I live in Houston, and from what I can tell, the churches here are getting organized very fast in finding homes for people and giving them what they need. The astrodome isn't going to be a very good long term solution, and without the charity of the churches here, I can't imagine where these people would wind up. The witnesses will help their own, rebuilding seems to be really big with them. The rebuild and repair work photo ops are really nice. Making room in your home for complete strangers who don't belong to your religious faith, not so nice for them.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I think the problem was there before the storm, some are taking advantage of it to get away with anything. New Orleans is one of the worst places as far as drugs, gands, violence in the US.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit