Remember the 80's?

by Dimples 21 Replies latest social humour

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.

Baby, I didn't just FEEL stylish! I was totally tubular!

(Dave in a skirt! Ugh, gag me with a spoon, gross me out the door, totally grody...)

Dave

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I think I may have actually enjoyed putting on my suit for meetings, if I could have gone with just a T-Shirt under the jacket.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

You had Star Wars bed sheets

You saw girls wearing leg warmers during the summer and thought it was normal

You can remember when VCRs sold for $500

You wanted a whip like Indiana Jones

You considered Patrck Swayze and Sylvester Stallone good actors

You can remember when people finally started to replace shag carpeting

You once thought mullets were cool

You know the words to at least two Weird Al Yankovic songs, "Like a surgeon, HE!"

You didn't think that hair bands or glam rockers looked gay

You actually thought that 'Who's the Boss' was funny

McGruff the Crime Dog was your hero

You had a "Just Say No" class in school and actually believed that you would

You know what's inside of Olly Octopus and Stretch Armstrong

You used to argue over who was better, Michael Jackson or Prince

You thought that Cindy Lauper and Madonna could sing

You owned at least one Adidas t-shirt

You didn't laugh when Van Damme did his slow motion yells in Bloodsport, "Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

You remember when cartoons like G.I. Joe weren't too violent to be shown after school

You wanted to get inside the game 'Tron'.

You thought it would be cool to hang out with Teen Wolf

At least one kid in your school wore fake Mr. T chains

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're an 80's child if....

You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members. Ew I thought they were so phony

You wanted to be on Star Search. (Come on, we all did) Well maybe

He was beautiful with that big nose

maybe

You wore French rolls on the bottom of your splatter painted jeans. uh nah

You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once. oh heck ya!

You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt. who is that?

You know the profound meaning of ''Wax on, Wax off.'' yeppers

You can name at least half of the members of the elite ''Brat Pack.'' ok emilio estevez, keifer sutherland, lou diamond philips, charlie sheen, rob lowe, judd nelson, ally sheedy, molly ringwald, andrew mccarthy, demi moore, anthony micheal hall, james spader, i'll even include jon cryer cuz i think he's sexy

You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours!!!!!! full house maybe but heck on saved by the bell...ew

You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock. loved it!!

You know that another name for a keyboard is a ''Synthesizer.'' lol

You hold a special place in your heart for ''Back to the Future.'' omg i was so in love with micheal j fox

i'm going to cheers!! http://www.tvshowcentral.net/tvshows/cheers/cheers.htm

only the ones that really mattered

totally!!

You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, and you wore spandex pants omg i did have big hair and i did wear the spandex...it's still hard to give up my spandex fix

You wanted to be a Goonie - (hey u guyz!!)

uh nah

oh hell ya!!

NONONONONONO!!

You could break dance, or wished you could. (I said hip hop....) I would have broken my neck

I even knew his clothing designer - one of the biggest jerks I have ever known http://www.bubbygram.com/musical.htm

I still have them too lol

You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.

wait a minute Pizza hut had Care Bear collectables?!!!

Poltergeist freaked you out. I still havent watched the whole movie

un nah I was in high school in the early 80's

You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf. Yes I have!!

what?

You wanted to have an alien like Alf living in your house. Alf was the man!

lmao! I did!!

You wore tights under shorts and felt stylish. omg I did that too!!

You ever had a Swatch Watch. And I still have those too...I think I need to let some stuff go

You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare. uh nah

yeah when these guys were on

uh nah

uh double nah

Hey who didnt?

my brother loved that show...you they are still around? my sons have the toys

Partying ''like it's 1999'' seemed SO far away!!!!!!!!!!!! when price was still nasty *sigh*

If you can identify with at least half of this list then you, my friend, are a ''Child of the 80's.''

Wow! I knew that. lol

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    You wanted to communicate with some being named Cinergy. what?

I think thats talking about the A.I. called Synergy (sp.?) on the cartoon Jem and the Holograms. I had a younger sister that loved that show and had a couple of the dolls. I really wanted to take those flashing leds/earrings and add them onto my dinobots somehow.

• Soledad
    Soledad

You're an 80's child if....

You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members. Jordan

no I didn't!

and when his hair caught fire!

banana clip yes. my brother wore the slap on wrist bands

You wore French rolls on the bottom of your splatter painted jeans. I have pictures!

You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once. several pairs of slouch socks worn together--you know, alternating white, pink, white and pink again? made for very sweaty feet! and of course I rocked that with my LA Gears!

You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt. Dont remember

I thought that was stupid then and still is now

ah yes. and my favorite was Ally Sheedy. She reminded me of.....me.

You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours!!!!!! I loved Full House and I still watch it on Nick at Nite !

You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock. Nope. But I did love the Muppet show and Pee Wee's playhouse!

You know that another name for a keyboard is a ''Synthesizer.'' I had one!

You hold a special place in your heart for ''Back to the Future.'' Yeah kind of, because that movie was released when I had moved away from the US. Seeing an American movie in a foreign country was really an experience!

You know where to go if you ''Wanna go where everybody knows your name.'' I used to like Cheers when Diane was in the series.

You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool. (Was there an 80's movie she WASN'T in?) well, yeah ok I did like her. She seemed to be everywhere and wasn't half bad

You know what ''Sike'' means. I still use that one now and again. The kids look at me like WTF??

You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, and you wore spandex pants Yes this was me *sigh*

NAH but I liked the movie

I had one doll and a ton of Garbage Pail Kids cards

You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played ''Sam'' to be. Oh hell no!

You ever wore fluorescent -neon if you will clothing...(or nail polish) I once got sent home from school because the nail polish I wore was too distracting.

You could break dance, or wished you could. (I said hip hop....) I could break dance

I liked Frogger and Qbert

You know all the words to ''Ice Ice Baby''. Wasn't this 90s?

You remember MC hammer well. Wasn't he also 90s?

You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" I remember that

not anymore but back then.....ever record songs off the radio?

You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon. no, but I was lead to believe that "this generation would never pass."

You remember and/or own any of the CareBear Glass collection from PizzaHut. I owned all of them!

Poltergeist freaked you out. wasn't allowed to watch it! you know, demons and shit....

You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox. same as above. I had a Peanuts lunch box in the 2nd grade and a Garfield one in the 3rd grade. By the 4th grade I decided that I had outgrown lunch boxes

You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf. now I know you know the whole Smurf fiasco and JWs....couldn't risk having one come to life now could we?

You wanted to communicate with some being named Cinergy. I vaguely remember this....

You wanted to have an alien like Alf living in your house. nah

You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish. yeah, I did.

You wore tights under shorts and felt stylish. You bet.

You ever had a Swatch Watch. No I didn't

You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare. Nope

You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny. During the Eddie Murphy years, hell yeah

You had Wonder Woman or Superman underwear. I sure did. Underoos, wasn't it?

You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween. No Halloween in my house

my brother was way into this.

You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye. My brother loved this too

Partying ''like it's 1999'' seemed SO far away!!!!!!!!!!!! It sure did. I was certain that Armageddon would come way before then too....

I had an Orphan Annie lunch pail and I thouht I was so kewl!

WOW. I would have thought you were cool! I remember being in the 2nd grade and making my poor mom search all over town for one of those lunch boxes! I never got one....

I swear if I ever see one on Ebay, its mine!!

A couple of weeks ago I saw "Flight of the Navigator" on TV. I was instantly 12 years old again!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Soleded

::A couple of weeks ago I saw "Flight of the Navigator" on TV. I was instantly 12 years old again!

Oh the memories…..I that movie!!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I thought that actor was sooooo cute!

Just so you all know the first season of Fraggle Rock is now on DVD.

I am now a proud owner

Dance your cares away *clap clap* Worries for another daaayyyyyy *clap clap* .........Down in Fraggle Rock!

Dams

• freedom96
  • freedom96
    freedom96

Other than all the meetings and field service, I have many fond memories of the 80's.

I can't believe my 20th high school reunion is next year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit