Anyone been baptised in another religon since leaving the dubs?

by misspeaches 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

misspeaches,

I've really tried to absorb the passage but I am having a dumb day. I don't get the whole gift and payment thing...?

He said if you are baptized and take the name Christian without having received the Holy Spirit, you owe a debt. That name can be stolen by those who are not Christians, the debt would be restitution of the theft. If you do receive Holy Spirit, you have received a gift. Along with that gift comes the gift of being able to call yourself a Christian w/ no debt, you did not steal the name. It is given freely.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Perry
    Perry

My wife and I were double dipped about 11 months ago. I had accepted Christ about a year before that. I personally felt that my baptism in 1987 had something lacking because of the questions having to do with "beliefs unique to Jehovah's Witnesses". My wife had a Catholic background and felt the need as well. My wife was 2 months preganant at the time, so it really turned out to be a family affair.

I would be lying if I said that the Holy Spirit was not involved in my JW baptism. It was very special to me then and I recall the experience vividly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit