To loot, or not to loot-is the point moot?

by CaptainSchmideo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The point is beyond moot.

• kazar
    kazar

Like the others here I would steal food for my family. But, there is a distinction in what I saw being stolen on Television. Many electrical appliances, TVs, etc. I didn't see anyone taking food. Perhaps the media focused on the bad nature of people.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Doesn't matter. It's all moot. Keep your eye on the ball folks. The real looting will happen when the money starts flowing, and it won't be just poor black people doing it.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I agree that taking food, water and basic necessities is very different. Afterall, you think that stuff is going to be good by the time Walmart and win dixie can re open? nooooo....let those that can use it take it. That will be a few less in the food line for a day or so.

The ones that should be shot are the ones going in and taking the watches, tvs, shit that is not necessary..the scumbags that are getting violent and stealing vehicles from those trying to help out (like the poor guy driving the van for the nursing home...some thugs took it from him at gunpoint.)

If I had to walk in one of these stores to get water and food for my kids...I would do it in a heartbeat.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Yer damned right I would. Even the BIBLE made provision for this back in the day. In Jewish law, it's far more serious if you steal something that you didn't need, versus a person stealing to feed themselves or their families. The charges were way less.

I would do it. If I had to feed, clothe, water, or shelter myself or my family, yer danged right I would steal it, just to get it. I would *never* steal something I didn't need, like jewelry, televisions, or anything like that. But if it were my family's life at stake I sure would. I would worry about the consequences or paybacks, later. And I don't think anyone would blame me, either. I'm sure most of us would. If your son or daughter was hungry or thirsty, can you honestly say you wouldn't STEAL to make sure they ate or had water? Don't lie now..

CG

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Doesn't matter. It's all moot. Keep your eye on the ball folks. The real looting will happen when the money starts flowing, and it won't be just poor black people doing it.

Yup.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Sixxie said:

Six is right. This is a perfect opportunity for the big corporations to move in and spend all their big bucks and make it all good again.... at their price! Once the American public cries out for help for the people, the big corporations will be there, like leeches, to scab off the American government, and snap up all the contracts and make everything good again and make a LOT of money off of all of us. Gosh... forget that the REST of America has to pay their higher prices for gas and goods, it's all in the good for AMERICA! An American city. I know.. I know.. I love New Orleans as much as the next person, but face it, it's a STUPID CITY. It's built six feet BELOW sea level. The city has been engineered for decades to move the Mississippi River out of its natural course. It's been known for years that all the silt that comes off the Mississippi River SHOULD be being deposited under the city of New Orleans, boosting it up. However, people fail to realize that when you don't have that natural silt deposit, the coast is wasting away at 50 acres per day, and New Orleans is sinking further and further into the ocean, with nothing to hold it up. It was only a matter of time before a natural occurence, and I call Katrina a natural occurence because she was, would make the city what it was naturally born to be: a disaster waiting to happen. There is no earthly reason that anyone should think that this City should have ever been built there, ever since the Mississippi was re-routed. It was a disaster in the making since nobody bothered to think that this could ever happen. Don't get me wrong. There's been PLENTY of people that said this would happen, but no one listened to THEM. In fact, they have a bill that would re-construct the coastline of Louisiana and allow for the natural course of the Mississippi to deposit its silt and build the coastline back up over a corse of years, but no one thinks about it til its too late. They wait until this happens before they re- evaluate preventive measures.. oh GOOD!. Too late. This City may die. I am not sure how this city of half a million people will ever reclaim it again.. other than to move it North. If they build it there again, eveb after they plug up the levees, it will still be a target. No City should sit below sea level, because that is a disaster waiting to happen. We love new Orleans.. but let's get it right again, people! CG

• Daunt
    Daunt

It's been documented heavily that when riches rise in a civilization, crime and murder rises also. Being on the top of the food chain makes people many times just as crazy as being on the bottom.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

It's also been documented heavily that it all evens itself out eventually. Just economics...

CG

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..of course we could all store food for a year and three weeks worth of water and then we'd be in a much better position should such a disaster strike us.

No-one thinks they are vunerable until they get caught out. It would be a good idea for the governments of the world to start encouraging the gradual stockpiling of food within homes.

Would I steal food. Of course. Death and disease are the reward of morals in an amoral situation. Would I steal a TV? Nope.

The world is very vunerable due to our economies and inter dependence, all it would take is a world illness or economic crash and we'd all be looking for handouts.

Right now though I guess we should be looking out for all those homeless. I've got a feeling the US is going to do themselves proud once again. I've seen a lot of giving so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit