Gay ex-JW Members: do you exclude?

by RAYZORBLADE 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Anyone, can post to any thread. Whether they understand or 'get' the intent of the author/writer.

So am I to take it that this means it is now okay with you if straight folks are supportive and excited about changes in the laws, and you won't get pissy if we post a topic or engage in discussions instead of 'minding our own business'? I for one, have been reluctant to say anything on the subject for quite some time now.

Have I ever been obverse Talesin, with regards to what you've stated or shared previously on the subject?

My intent was....so far from how you interpretted it; that like several times before, you leave me baffled, perplexed and confused.

You don't have to be reluctant or quiet. You can say whatever you like, whenever you like about any topic that suits your fancy.

• talesin
    talesin
    My intent was....so far from how you interpretted it; that like several times before, you leave me baffled, perplexed and confused.

Well, it is certainly easy for that to happen on a DB. I have felt the same.

It's good to have you back.

t

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Eh?

You Canadians are such kidders

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Hi RAYZ. Cute avatar.

I think I may be having one of my Special Ed moments, as I don't understand the nature of your question or how to answer it.

IF you mean "Do I stick with, stand up for a gay or lesbian..." just becuase they are gay or lesbian. Then I'd say NO, but I think I'd need to observe myself in action there. I tend to take things on an individual basis when dealing with people (of any group loyalty) or even dogs and cats. I cant stand some individuals, I love some others, and the majority I just deal with as the situation demands.

Got to run, school starts in an hour.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I reread your questions. I think that with a specific group, that when there is the idea that "we should" have solidarity or what ever, that it is like a false sense of intimacy, it feels to me as forced and ingenuine, and THAT is one of the things that made my hair always prickle while a JW.

As for the gay and not guilt thing, I think I am there, but I feel stuck, or even suspended in the middle of the transition. And that frustrates me. Everything important to my life I learned before or in kindergarten, well, I feel like I'm missing some important "modules".

Later peoples.

• Valis
    Valis
    I know he was probably worried, but tell your husband from me, he's perfectly safe in my company

ha!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Choose: For or against.

There is more in heaven and earth than are dreamt. I have never seen only two sides to any issue.

I am not aware of any negative feelings toward homosexuals. While I would feel awkward being a part of a conversation centered around detailed descriptions of homosexual activities among friends of mine, I would also feel awkward being a part of such a discussion involving detailed descriptions of heterosexual activities among my friends. Call it leftover Victorian squeamishness if you like.

I haven't seen any evidence in this forum of cliques based on sexual orientation. Maybe I arrived too late to catch all the fun?

Feeling left out,
    OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    I know he was probably worried, but tell your husband from me, he's perfectly safe in my company

;My husband is the one man I know who is about as comfortable with his sexuality as you are!

Of course, it may not have been himself he was worried about... he may have sensed a certain proclivity toward a filled king-size bed and gotten up his guard.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i don't exclude any type of person in general.

i was part of the gay exjw group in atlanta for a while and there were some nice people there.

there were a couple of people who were into some kind of new spiritistic thing which turned me

off, plus i seemed to just run out of things to talk to them about.

• steve2
    steve2
    I haven't seen any evidence in this forum of cliques based on sexual orientation. Maybe I arrived too late to catch all the fun?

Me neither. I agree also with an earlier poster who hoped that one day acceptance of homosexuality will be as unremarkable as acceptance of heterosexuality. I'm a little bit wary of "joining" or afiliating with a group based on shared views or orientations, but I acknowledge the value of such groups at particular times in a person's journey through life.

I feel like saying, "Some of my best friends are straight" - and they are - but it reeks of reverse condescension.

I'm glad that I'm much less reactive during this kind of discussion that I used to be!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit