Gay ex-JW Members: do you exclude?

by RAYZORBLADE 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Non-gay members of this forum, have probably discovered some interesting behaviour here on this site.

Me too.

With in the confines of specifics (if such a term even exists), how many folks here who are gay or identified in some way with that term, can say outright: "I am gay/homosexual" without guilt, embarrassment or shame, post-JW?

I joined this site almost three years ago. I do not post often, but I am still around from time to time.

Gay people. Straight people. They have their own personal quirks and quarks.

No revelation there, on any account whatsoever.

But.....for those of you that identify with that moniker or label (gay), are you inclined to be associative with those that claim to be of the same persuasion or ilk (name your adjective)? Or do you avoid them with great conspicuousness? Gay exJWs, gay JWs...name your group.

Having not frequented this site in some great time, it's interesting to see where aliances are or not at all. Some are a no-brainer. Just because you're a gay exJW, does not mean you're going to find solidarity.

Ha! You ain't kidding.

For those of you whom identify themselves as gay exJWs, do you perform your own mini-sheep/goat exclusion?

If not. Explain?

Silence.

Hetero-folks, join in.....due to lack of response....

• Sassy
    Sassy

well you all know i am not gay.. I love men way tooo much..

but.. I do have to put in here.. I love you all.. I really honestly do not care who is gay.. who is bi.. who is not..

if you treat me with respect.. that is all I care about..

If you are happy in your life.. that I care about.

and always.. feel comfortable around me.. please..

• steve2
    steve2

I am an ex-JW success story: Born gay, raised a JW and completely okay about my sexuality. In my local congregation, I know of several JWs - and children of JWs - who committed suicide because of their ego-dystonic beliefs about their homosexuality.

To be alive and leading a happy, productive life is the most powerful response I can give to the Watchtower Society - but that is not the only reason I want to be alive and happy.

The kick in the pants of rejection I got from the JWs kick-started my real life. I will always be thankful to the witnesses for so completely rejecting me that I had no option but to pick myself up from the depths of despair and get my life together - unassisted by any belief system that has powerful Beings at the helm.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Hi Ray

With in the confines of specifics (if such a term even exists), how many folks here who are gay or identified in some way with that term, can say outright: ; "I am gay/homosexual" without guilt, embarrassment or shame, post-JW?

I can and do.

For those of you whom identify themselves as gay exJWs, do you perform your own mini-sheep/goat exclusion?
    I've got 4 friends that are gay ex-JWs and 2 that are still JW but I'm not sure what you mean by alliances.
  • RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I love surprises.

Sassy: you've always been the epitome of warmth and acceptance regardless of where someone is coming from post-JW: respect, yes...indeed.

Steve2, I appreciate your post. I haven't been on the forum like I used to previous to the autumn of 2003, so anyone who was brave to state themselves without guilt or shame, I may have missed. I am very pleased to see a response such as yours. Your follow-up post speaks volumes. Thank you.

Scotsman. Thanks. As for alliances, perhaps it's foreign a term/concept because you don't play that game. That's cooler than you may think.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm not sure what you mean by "alliances" either, Ray.

One things for sure, this is a fairly tolerant bunch of folks. However when folks start gay-bashing, they usually get a roasting, here.

LT, of the "I'm not gay, but I'm a Kinsey 2" class

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I can tell you that I don't feel any particular solidarity to other heterosexuals - why should I?

Then again, maybe if a hardcore of posters continued with prurient interest into my bedroom activities, benevolently declared they were fine as long as I didn't act straight (you know, like mention my husband in conversation, or maybe hold his hand in public), or even just smugly declared that Jesus is going to kill me for being unnatural, I might feel the need to form a group alliance.

I really hope that one day, homosexuality is as unremarkable as heterosexuality.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Fe:Isn't homosexuality when you only have sex with one person at a time?

I can see why some folks might like it that way, but why should we condemn the other folks who have king-sized beds and like to fill them up?

Or have I misunderstood the term? Does it mean you retain one gender at a time? Again, why should we slate those who want to have multiple sex-change operations?

I know he was probably worried, but tell your husband from me, he's perfectly safe in my company

• talesin
    talesin
    Hetero-folks, join in.....due to lack of response....

So am I to take it that this means it is now okay with you if straight folks are supportive and excited about changes in the laws, and you won't get pissy if we post a topic or engage in discussions instead of 'minding our own business'? I for one, have been reluctant to say anything on the subject for quite some time now.

tal

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl
    I know he was probably worried, but tell your husband from me, he's perfectly safe in my company

My husband is the one man I know who is about as comfortable with his sexuality as you are!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit