Governor Kathleen Blanco said: "We need to pray, of course, very strong...

by IronGland 50 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

...that the hurricane force will diminish"

Yeah because the Lord won't help people unless a bunch of other people beg him to. Why not sacrifice a goat while you're at it just to be safe.

• anewme
    anewme

Politicians are very careful what they say. Calling for prayer right now while the fundamentalists are such a powerful voting force is very smart. That is one thing the WBTS opened my eyes to, was the union of churches and government and what a rotten corrupt powerful force it can become. If I've learned anything from being a witness and being Dfd it is to stay away from religion and never allow it to take over politics. Back to the hurricane disaster: I feel for everyone going through that misery.

• undercover
    undercover

okay, get this shit...

A guy I work with says that the hurricane is God's punishment to the city because of the sin and debauchery that New Orleans is known for. He also mentioned that all those "of faith" (himself included, I guess) need to pray for the storm to not kill anyone.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, the storm did get weaker.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Hitting land tends to have that affect on hurricanes.

• undercover
    undercover

LOL...not much of a God then, huh? He weakened it from 150mph winds to 135mph winds...that's gonna help tremendously. I guess we should have prayed harder...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Irongland,

I know there is a God because He hasn't blown you away. It strengthens my belief in Him.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Irongland,

I know there is a God because He hasn't blown you away. It strengthens my belief in Him.

If complete lack of action on God's part strengthens your faith you will never be disapointed.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The hurricane is just a product of nature. Our world is evolving constantly around us. How can we get mad at our world? What are we going to do, punish it? Are we going to ban it to the corner? Hurricanes, volcanoes, and fires are just the experience of our world. If we get mad about it, then its just because there is someone to get mad about it. If you read history, and understand it, our world is NO DIFFERENT than the world two centuries before it. The world back then was no worse: they had plagues that killed everyone, they had fires, they had all this stuff. And this surprises you?

CG

• startingover
    startingover
    Well, the storm did get weaker

That's because Terry was doing the Hokey-Pokey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit