Why So Many JWs Are Sick ( and What to Do About it)

by metatron 41 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I'm not a medical professional - but I feel very strongly about this issue and want to pass it along.

Why are so many Witnesses so sick? Why do they often seem to be plagued by strange, chronic illnesses - that often appear

to have a strong psychosomatic element? MS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Self Mutilation, Depression, Repressed Memories,

Anorexia, out-of-control allergies, you name it.....?

Answer: emotional sterility and a body that is subconsciously screaming at you "I hate this, STOP IT!"

OK, so I can't promise any cure in this BUT I AM UNALTERABLY CONVINCED after years of being an elder that Witnesses

in particular lack proper emotional and physical ( and probably sexual - but I won't 'go there') outlets.

They need to sing, full out.

They need to dance until they 'get out of their heads' for a while!

They need to chant or sing with their arms lifted up while tears run down their cheeks!

Tent revival evangelists knew this. African shamans knew this. Folks in 'mosh pits' know this

Even guys like Hitler - or Amway (!) knew this!

If you are a lurker or ex-jw, I recommend a seminar with Sonia Choquette that involves song and dance

She really captures the essence of a revival meeting - without the organized religion.

There are many other outlets available - and outlet is the critical word!

Ever have a massage and start having weird emotions pop up? or start crying for no reason? What is your body

telling you?

You are not just a mind. Your body talks to you and if you ignore it because of stiff religion

or even intellectual disdain, it will 'get back at you'!

You need to find an activity that absorbs your attention so deeply that you 'forget yourself'

and get 'out of your head' for awhile! Ever play football and later realize that you were bleeding or had a

broken toe and you didn't know it? That's what you need, now and then!

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Veryyyyyyyyy interesting.............Just go out and have wild and crazy sex. That "outlet" should work wonders.

• logansrun
    logansrun

What excellent research methods you have used to come to your conclusion, metatron. Impressive.

B.

• minimus
    minimus

Bradley--- Leave Met alone.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

ever heard of an opinion?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

What if you're not emotionally inclined do let it all hang out, like me? Exercise, surely, is a good thing, but man, some of us just ain't into what you are suggesting.

• minimus
    minimus

Rolfing is good.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I have no problem with someone expressing their opinion. Unfortunately, metatron quite habitually confuses his opinion with fact. How does he, or anyone else, know that JWs suffer from illness more than the general public? What data collection methods did he imploy to come to this conclusion? Spend some time with the same group of people (congregation) and you will get to know their foibles, fears and problems pretty well, if you are observant. Most people, espeicially Americans it seems, are very concerned about health and wellness. That being said, conversation with them will uncover many illnesses both physical and emotional.

Next thing you know metatron will start a thread on why JWs gossip so much. (If you can't see the humor in this I suggest you think about it for a few minutes)

B.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Ever have a massage and start having weird emotions pop up? or start crying for no reason? What is your body

telling you?

You are not just a mind. Your body talks to you and if you ignore it because of stiff religion

or even intellectual disdain, it will 'get back at you'!

I see this every day at work. I don't know if singing and dancing will work for everyone.

What I encourage my clients to do is to simply allow themselves to feel. It's okay to have negative feelings or to feel extreme hate or love. It's okay to say I'm not comfortable, sad want to be alone. You don't have to be everything for everybody.

Identify your emotion, embrace what you can learn from it and when it's time release it. You won't need it any longer.

Dams

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Excessive stress over a prolonged period of time can lead to health problems. If being a JW is what's causing the stress then getting out might be good for a person's health. On the other hand, leaving the JWs brings on stresses of its own. You can't win.

http://www.stress.org

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit