Announcement: Special Conventions for 2006

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

You wonder if JWs with money will be abble to work around those qualifications?lol

Well, they might, but I'm having trouble figuring out why one would be willing to pay moneyto go to a meeting. Jeez! I would have paid some NOT to have to assist to one!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

this is interesting, yes talk about discrimination. that will be a very expensive trip for some of them unless the society is paying and that I doubt very much.

how ever at the end of this summers convention did they announce conventions for next summer over and above this so called special convention..

Sounds intersesting.

would I love to be a fly on the wall at that..

Orangefatcat.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS does not underwrite the cost for "qualifying" JWs. Regular pioneers either have to start saving now or have rich husbands. Elders have to be fairly flush with cash since these trips can cost several thousand dollars.

As far as circumventing the "rules," if enough JWs don't sign up, they will drop the requirements.

Many JWs like the prestige of being selected for these trips, it indicates their special "spirituality."

For every WTS rule, there is a way to circumvent it; I have seen it too many times.

Blondie

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Also the specific countries were not mentioned. Can't trust those dubs. They may crash an assembly unvited, and what a sin that would be.

wanna

• upside/down
    upside/down

I wonder if JWs with money with be able to circumvent the qualifications?

ummm... that would be a "yes".

Always has been and always will be...

Money talks...spirituality walks...

u/d (of the "walks" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit