Will the WTBS ever relax the current clothing/dress/grooming standards?

by Utopian Reformist 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

As numbers and meeting attendance statistics continue to decrease in western lands, do you think the WTBS may someday relax it's current clothing and grooming policies to facilitate better attendance and make the meetings more comfortable?

Please share your opinions of why/why not. Thank you!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I truly doubt that they will

why:

1. Because they use it when distinguishing themselves from the world...

2. It's a form of control

• JH
    JH

No, they won't change.

They want to give that clean and pure image.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    No, they won't change.

They want to give that clean and pure image.

Absolutely, here they are easily identifiable. Same type suits / modest female garb, same haircuts - all from the same hairdresser, and what's with the canvas watchtower bags!

steve

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, it's one of the things they use to make themselves feel superior to worldlyâ„¢ people.

W

• Honesty
    Honesty
    do you think the WTBS may someday relax it's current clothing and grooming policies to facilitate better attendance and make the meetings more comfortable?

I show up in sandals, shorts, tee shirt, a modest pony tail and well trimmed beard. How long will they let me in before the SS agent elders instruct me 'in the ways of Jerhover'?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

No because the pharicees wore distinguishing clothing to set themselves apart from mere mortals and jws are modern day equivilents

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wore pants to a kingdom hall but it didnt matter cuz i'm not baptised as a jw

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

funny thing is that they can say "jehovah doesn't look at the appearance" and "wearing a tie is appropriate" in one breath.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I truly doubt that they will

why:

1. Because they use it when distinguishing themselves from the world...

2. It's a form of control

I agree with Loubelle, but like you said to 'keep' people in or going they might, since money is more important to them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit