Big storm r you ready?

by defd 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We here are certainly hopeful, that God willing, Jehovah will grant His servants time to get their affairs in order. Just as in the days of faithful Lot and his family, Jehovah granted the people time to mend their ways, to run to the city (Heavenly Jerusalem) of refuge. God's anointed servants have always been given "advance notice" and "warning" because Jehovah God views His people just as the pupil of His eye. And we all know what happens when the Nebuchadnezzars of this Satanic world try to stick their fingers into God's eyes, don't we??

• minimus
  • avishai
    avishai

lmao @ mini!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My friend, and husband's employee, went up to New Orelans this weekend to hang with her mother who was in the hospital with a stroke. She is locked up in the hospital now and is just waiting out the storm.

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

it will affect me, in some small way, mostly rain. I'll just put a few towels by the door and hope for the best.

CG

• minimus
    minimus

There have been reports of wars and pestilence affecting one third of the earth. The Revelation speaks of these things happening and Christ Jesus promised us it would occur in this generation. There is no loner any time left to waddle through this earth's scourges. The Lamb has set his heart upon war and he will trample the nations with his scepter and slice the innards of the disobedient with his sickle---the Watchtower and Awake magazines----and locusts will torment those in the abyss of inactivity.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I always keep some basic supplied for an emergency...

• 5 gallons of drinking water (I replace this once a year)
    • batteries
    • Flashlight
    • Radio
    • A few small propane cans
    • Little propane burner
    • Little propane heater
    • and a few other items...

I also like to keep enough non-perishable food in the pantry to last at least a week or so.

I know this probably sounds border-line paranoid, but I've been stranded in the aftermath of a hurricane and also an ice storm that shut down the electric grid for over a week. After going through those things I started keeping some basics just incase something else happened.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Min-

The only torment from the WT and Awake is the shame it should bring to the writers and hawkers of these fables, myths, and grandfather tales of false prophets and hucksters.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Rebel8, you are tooo funny! Gave my my laugh for today.

Aw shucks.

Now defd when are you going to be telling us this is a sign of the times, or did my joke ruin the surprise? Just kidding with ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit