going to england

by googlemagoogle 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Where in England do you plan to spend your time? There's so many different places I could recommend. Are you touring or staying in one place?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i'll most probably stay in the devon area, as i got several friends there, but i'll make some small trips too, if there's something of interest around.

• ballistic
    ballistic

You can't go far wrong with Devon really. Lovely place. My hometown in Dorset was the trial for the new late licenses and places close anywhere between 11 and 3 in the morning. I guess if you are 26 and still into that "scene" you'll have to head into some towns like Plymouth to find late clubs, but to be honest, Devon is all about the countryside and "real" pubs. Enjoy them while they're open!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Devon is the most beautiful county in England. If you have a car and want to see other places I recommend:

The black and white village trail in Herefordshire (you can look it up on the internet, or ask me for more details) where you can see dozens of whole villages madeup of those wonderful black and white timber houses.

East Quantoxhead - SSSI Site of Specific Scientific Interest - its a deserted beach where you can see the geographical formation of the rocks, its fantastic, but totally deserted, dont expect a tourist information booth and a gift shop.

Glastonbury Tor, if you fancy something spiritual.

Cheddar Gorge and caves - more breathtaking geography.

Newquay for pretending you are a cool surfer dude, and great nightlife (you only have to buy the clothes, you dont actually have to surf!)

Gloucester Cathedral of you want to see where they filmed the corridor scenes in Harry Potter.

Hereford Cathedral if you want to see the Mappa Mundi and famous chained library (you have to pay to go in, so dont bob up on the off chance and then think - bugger its too expensive!)

Have a fantastic holiday, what ever you choose to do.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

ah great. thanks a lot. i'll check out a few of those places for sure.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

aaaaah man you should go when I go (march & april next year) yeah it's still hellofa long way to wait for a trip.

Enjoy it & english beer is VERY weak!!!!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

;-) i'll probably bring my own beer.

poor you, waiting for a vacation really aint easy. will you bring your goldfish with you?

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I would recommend a visit to Scotland, truly the best place in the world if you like drinking and the outdoors. Been to Devon as well though went to the model village and Kents Cavern(?) which was cool.

Regards

BM

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

google wise decision on the beer....I hate waiting I want it to be here already ( I'm going for 5 weeks though)

Well on the goldfish - not much change taking place - it will be my luck that while I'm away he's going to jump out the bowel & sprout feet - I then would have missed the evolutionary link & will think the cat ate him....

• googlemagoogle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit