going to england

by googlemagoogle 34 Replies latest jw friends

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i'll be off to england for a while, somewhere in the south. anything i shouldn't miss while being there? is it true they don't serve beer after 10:00 pm anymore? what else do i have to keep in mind?

• Robdar
    Robdar

What part of England are you going to? I didn't notice that they weren't serving beer after 10:00 when I was there. Hell, when I was there, it was still daylight at 10:00 pm.

Have fun. I am so totally envious of you right now.

Robyn

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

devon county. it's like a one or two hour flight to london, then like 3 hours by car.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Devon is nice. Very rural. I live in Somerset, the County next to it.

Englishman.

• Ellie
    Ellie

No its not true about the beer thing, last orders is usually 11pm, but you can go to a club till later and in a few months they are bringing in a 24 hour drinks lisence so don't worry.

Devon is lovely, you should have a nice time.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

ah, 11 then. still a bit strange, we don't have the "last orders" thing here. driving on the wrong side ;-), last order at 11 pm, anything else?

do they have strange accents there?

• Ellie
    Ellie

Yeah, you will notice a lot of differnet accents in England, every region has its own distinct accent.

Where are you from?

Are you coming over for a holiday or permanently?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

just for holidays, 3 weeks, starting this weekend. i'm from austria, have only been to london for a quick trip, but that's years ago.

• Ellie
    Ellie

If you will be here at the weekend you won't be here for the 24 hour liscencing, never mind, just go to the off lisence and stock up.

I love Austria by the way, I even walked there once, but no it wasn't as impressive as it sounds as the walk started from Cortina in the north of Italy and only took a couple of hours, but it still sounds good.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

what's that licensing about?

did you hike the dolomites? been there, very nice place. not too far from where i live, actually.

yes, i'll enjoy my holiday. and i'm really in need of one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit