Thou shall not kill? Makes no sense?

by free2beme 24 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I always thought, when reading the Bible, that the commandment "thou shall not kill" made no sense. After all, the god who supposely gave it commanded his own people to KILL. So I wonder, did that god actually mean, "thou shall not murder?" As history of the Bible and even real history have shown that killing is sometimes something that has to happen (Hitler, etc.) to prevent worse events from happening. So what do you think, should it really mean "kill" or "murder" as it seems to be a topic used against religious people a lot. Namely Witnesses, when they used it to show the evil of worldly religions, when they also studies the wars and killing of the god Jehovah.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Where does the WTBTS stand on the death penalty? I know of JW who believe hanging should be re-introduced here.

• vitty
    vitty

I was told while studying that they uphold the countries that do or dont. Whatever the hell that means!

Actually i just remembered there was an article on it. Ill look it up

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

first of all, jehovah is always right.

he's always loving, no matter how many people he kills, he's always just, no matter how many innocent he punishes, he's always wise, no matter if he regrets things after the event, he's always mighty, no matter how many times he can't prevent something from happening.

because the bible says he is. no matter what. jehovah's always right.

my mom reasons like that: there's nothing bad when jehovah kills people who didn't do anything wrong (like the 70,000 killed after david's census), because he can resurrect them anyway.

in other words: this life's good for nothing. wait for another life.

poor little people. this is the only life we got, don't you know? but you'll never get it.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Simple, don't Kill don't pull out a gun and shoot people! I think thoughts on murder and wishing death is also breaking the commandmant, along with Suicide and suicidal thoughts

I don't think anyone has the right to take a life of another, but good point with the hitlar thing, couldn't we just jail him for life?

the god who supposely gave it commanded his own people to KILL.

Can you give me Scriptures on that please lol! been trying to find it

no matter how many innocent he punishes

God doesn't punish innocent people, what are you referring to here?

Evanescence

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

God doesn't punish innocent people, what are you referring to here?

yes i know that he doesn't, because he doesn't exist. but if bible "history" would be true, god punished plenty of innocent people. i made the reference to 70,000 people jehovah killed with pestilence, because david (not the people) made a census (oh what a big deal). and i won't list all the other events here now. it would take almost as much space as the old testament.

• ColdRedRain
  • under74
    under74

oooh, google ....she's 15. Don't tell her santa doesn't exist.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

oooh, google ....she's 15. Don't tell her santa doesn't exist.

omg, forgot about that. sorry, evan, course god exists!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Uhhmmmm WTF????? I don't appreaciate you calling my God Santa, now stop it You honestly think I would think God doesn't exist because Google thinks so Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit