What Would You Risk Your Life Over?

by Mecurious? 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I see people doing stupid things that involve risking their life for jobs that don't even pay that much or some other sillines, like not giving up a car to an armed robber.

Relate incidents where this has happened and name some things that you'd risk life and limb over.

M'

P.S

Be creative! Cuz, there are a few that bear mentioning!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

My wife.

My dogs.

My family.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

I haven't come across a situation that would warrent it and hopefully I never do. However, if my children were in any kind of danger, I would do whatever I had to to ensure their safety.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My nieces and nephews!

• damselfly
    damselfly

When I was first living on my own as a teen, I thought it was a good idea to walk 30 minutes home alone. Which would have been fine if it wasn't 2 am, pitch black, and I wasn't surrounded by crack dealers and their whores. I did this for months. I moved to a different neighbourhood when I realized I knew the prostitute on the corner by name ( Ruby ). That was a very stupid risk.

Now I would only put my life at risk to save loved ones.

Dams

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

1. My son

2. Matt

3. my best friend Mary

other than that...well, there really isn't anything else

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My cockatoo, Roxy!!!

Also my mom, sisters, and their families.

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Without hesitation, someone I loved.

• talesin
    talesin

I have put my life at risk to help a friend escape a Satanic cult, and to rescue another from an abusive partner who was extremely violent and stalked her through me for some time.

Also, when I was a live-in with street kids, I had to protect 2 of them from a couple of hoodlums that the third resident invited over to our home in the middle of the nite. She had met them on a chat line. When I demanded they leave (as they were being overly sexual and threatening in their demeanour), one of them pulled a knife. My responsibility was to protect the gurls, so I stood my ground. Luckily, they backed down, but it was touch-and-go for about 15 minutes. I was truly scared.

It would depend on the circumstance, and I would have to make the decision at the time it happens.

tal

• ballistic
    ballistic
    When I demanded they leave (as they were being overly sexual and threatening in their demeanour), one of them pulled a knife. My responsibility was to protect the gurls, so I stood my ground

sheesh, was that shit really going down - I thought you lived in a quiet part of Canada?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit