Anyone read Da Vinci Code?

by ESTEE 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Has anyone read Da Vinci Code? What do you think?

Love and light,

ESTEE

• garybuss
    garybuss

I read Messianic Legacy and Holy Blood, Holy Grail in the early 90's. I haven't read Da Vinci Code. I'm not much of a fiction reader the last few years. I struggled to get through Fountainhead a few years ago. Messianic Legacy and Holy Blood, Holy Grail were fascinating reading. I recommend them to anyone who is interested in mythology and religious history.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Not yet, but I'm tempted. Trouble is, I just can't get away with reading fiction when there are so many science books on my wish list.

I tell a lie - I'm bidding for all six volumes of studies in the scriptures on e-bay, and it doesn't get more fictional than that (except perhaps current Watchtower mags).

Do you recommend DaVinci Code?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

A very interesting read ... I've been wondering is it really fiction? Or is it religious history...

Love and light,

ESTEE

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Yeah its a good Read...total fiction though of course.Dont do what i did and look for real conspiracy theories.They arenot there in real life.

I preferred Angels and demons actually.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I read it about a year ago. It's a fun read, but mostly fiction. The History channel (or it could have been Discovery channel...it's been about a month since it aired) did a story on it. They followed up on of the groups listed...pretty much debunked the Priory of Sion... They did a good job of coverning both sides...so it was a pretty balanced presentation.

Coffee

• desbah
    desbah

I read Robert Langdon's first adventure....Angels & Demons, the author Dan Brown is clever. I liked how he used the word Koyaanisqatsi, it's the Hopi term for "life out balance."

Right now, I'm starting to read Da Vinci Code before the movie comes out.

~desbah~

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    I've been wondering is it really fiction?

I'm afraid so, its been checked out. That's why it doesn't really claim to be anything more than a novel.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Its a good 'vacation' type yarn.

steve

• tweety
    tweety

I first read Angels and demons, which I thought was a little far fetched at the end of the book.

The Da Vinci Code does make you think about some of the possiblities that are writen. But my sister and I discussed some of the details and I explained to her that it is just a book and the writer (Dan Brown- excellent writer) gave the reader's something to think about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit