Possibly loosing everything...

by Bryan 51 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Bryan -

I'm so glad you are out of there and safe...!!! I'm watching the Weather Channel... this is a monster storm. Anyone else in the path.... STAY SAFE!!

GGG

• luna2
    luna2

Its a horrible situation, Bryan. It's terrible and frustrating to lose the contents of your home. I can only imagine. I'm so glad that you and your family made it out of there early and are safe.

There are quite a number of people that are stuck in the path of this monster. I'm hoping that they survive.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Bryan,

I am glad you are safe...to repeat Arrowstars words...

Thank the gods you got out yesterday. Like Chris said, things can be replaced. New Orleans will survive. It always has...
  • shera
    shera

Glad you're O.K Bryan and family.

• tweety
    tweety

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe!

Dee

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hang in there. I'm glad you're in Houston -- it would be terrifying trying to ride something like that out with a baby. Your apartment is on the second floor -- that's good. The books haven't been delivered yet -- that's good. I'm sure you took important stuff with you and everything else can be replaced.

It will be okay and will make a great family story to tell Sebastien when he is old enough to appreciate it. My parents and I rode one out in St. Croix (might have been Camille but I don't remember for sure) in the late 1960's -- it passed by the edge of the island and we got gale winds of 90 mph and a ton of rain. What I remember is seeing incredibly high waves (my dad and a couple of friends took me down to the beach to see the surf and one of them had to hold me in his arms to keep me from blowing away), and school was closed for a week. I was 12-13, so that was WAY COOL. Guadalupe got walloped by the storm, and Mom went there with a few of the other Witnesses, one of whom owned a plane, and took relief supplies from the Witnesses on St. Croix.

That is, by the way, the ONLY time I saw giving directly from one congregaton to another after a disaster -- since then the Society has clamped down on such frivolous stuff and ordered everyone to sent to the "Worldwide Work" and THEY'LL [cough, cough] distribute it as needed. Yeah, right.

Bon chance, Bryan & Evelyne & Sebastien,

Nina

• Alana
    Alana

I'm wishing you and your family the best and keeping you in my thoughts....hopefully it will not be too bad for you all. I'm just glad you were able to get out....I read that some couldn't have ways out and are having to ride it out. I hope that New Orleans makes it through ok. We are planning to be down there in October.

Take care and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

"Alana"

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

today has it's troubles for today -but thank goodness you got out when you did. All the best. I've never in my life had to go through one of these - I just hope it doesn't turn out too bad.

Be safe.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

good luck. i hope it won't be that bad.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh Bryan, im so sorry. I cant imagine what I would feel like if I lost everything I owned. Id be feeling pretty sorry for myself and I would punch the first person that told me I should be glad to be alive (even if he was right!).

I was so glad that you had got out sooner, and werent stuck in those awful traffic jams were seeing on the telly, of people trying to get out of the city.

Im glad too that you are in a hotel, and not in that big superbowl thingy place sat on a matress with no air conditioning, and probably the toilet paper has run out already. I know it sounds trivial, but honestly - how distressing is it to be stuck in a smelly place for an indefinite amount of time without a change of underwear and no place to rinse through your smalls, and ontop of that theres no paper to wipe your ass. It wouldnt take much to make me feel grotty and smelly and miserable.

Best of luck - you never know Bryan, sometimes things survive even right in the middle of the wreckage. Thinking of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit